Sharkfin aerials

flame_88

Has anyone got 1 of these or know if there any good? thanks, paul.

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
RobDon fitted one at one point, not sure if he still has it or not. I think reception is OK, but certainly lacking in comparison with OEM.

flame_88

Got a beesting on at minute. but rubbish reception on it anyone else had any problems?

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Short Bee stings look nice but reception is rubbish, i think you can get a booster for them though.

Won't mind having a look at the sharkfin aerial either

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
could always chop down your standard bee sting (with no/neglegable loss of reception). the rubber nobble at the end just slides off and on so you can choose a length. I spoke to someone tutherday who had a mk5 fin style aerial which looked neat however he cant use his radio now... click my sig for a pic of my choppy choppy jobby

R Power

R Power
May 19, 2008
Coventry
leave your existing ariel on, get some cutters, and cut it down to the stubby bit, then file the end down and smooth it up where you cut it and looks perfect. i did this for Vin-R on here, looks better than changing for another ariel. Other option which i did a while back is the Civic type R ariel, looks nice, but i reckon you should cut your existing one. takes 2 mins.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.