Should i change my N75 Valve???

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Hi, Had a few problems with boost and like flat spots? Had it put on rolling road and all that came up was a broken dump valve had it changed but still got a problem? Was told the ecu would need a bit of time to learn? How long dose it take?? I have seen lots of people are having the same problem and some are told to change N75 valve is this a good idea or is it a waist of money?? also what would i need N75 or N74J??? i drive a 2000 leon 20VT. Hope someone can give a bit of help? Thanks guys!!

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
its peas and carrots really this, some people have changed them having the same symptoms as you, and its rectified their problems

others havent

The leons as standard run N75F (i think), the J denotes a higher boost level-or different boost curve settings. They are around £50 and worth a try, but it might not solve your problem. I think RobM has one for sale at the moment, or he did.

Your problem could be caused by something more simple, maybe a small split in one of the boost hoses or vac pipework?

STEVEO@CYMRU

Lucky 7
Oct 19, 2003
CAERPHILLY S.WALES
Visit site
as above but on the weekend i tried my n75j on my mates standard 20vt leon 2002 (eng code AUQ) and the difference was huge it felt like a different car ...but fitted a new j to mine and it didnt solve my problems ,and i have done everything i possibly can , bought mine from vag parts ......

my opinion its well worth a go:)

karlosR

TORQUEY, NOISEY V6
Mar 10, 2006
BEDFORD
i've just brought an ECS face N75 for my LCR, it seems to hold boost for longer now. i had it re-mapped yesterday and it flies.

danieltm

Bit of Jabba magic!
Aug 26, 2006
Norwich
Thanks for advice! I think i will give it a go, when i change the valve dose anything .have to be done to the ecu or is it jusy the old one off and new one on? Is it easy to do? If anyone has any pic to guide me through it would be much appreciated as im not too good with that kind of thing. Anyway thanks again guys i will let you know how i get on

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
You shouldn't need to do anything at all after fitting. But, if you like, there is no harm in resetting the ECU by disconnecting the battery for half an hour or so. Shouldn't be necessary though.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Do a search for that... it's pros and cons have been debated a lot here in the past. Some people swear they do nothing, others claim the J gives a massive improvement in the way it boosts and drives, others are somewhere in between.

Search for N75J and you should find plenty of info on it. But, at the end of the day, if you have one in your hands, try it and make your own mind up.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members