Should I replace TIP for Revo re-map?

lyceum

Hey all.
Tried searching for TIP but got so many random threads!!

Looking to get Revo software done on my otherwise standard LC soonish. Will get them to fit a 007P DV at the same time and understand I may have to do the coil packs shortly there after. However, is it fairly essential I get them to fit a silicone TIP at the same time?

If so, would this be the one... http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=0017&product=FMGOLFIND ?

Reason I ask is that money is a bit tight so don't want to over spend if I don't have to.

Cheers all,
Tom :)

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
It's a good upgrade as the oem pipe is prone to collapsing. Saying that, there are several people on here with remaps still using the standard one. I'd personally upgrade it before, then you know its done and won't have too much worry about it failing

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
i thought it was the LCR pipe that was prone to collapsing, or is it all mapped? :confused:

Think you'll find its the LC and LCR that fail, after all, its the same pipe with different locations for the connections and a slightly different shape

gazR

CUPRA
Apr 25, 2009
Derbyshire
Think you'll find its the LC and LCR that fail, after all, its the same pipe with different locations for the connections and a slightly different shape

oh right thought it was just the LCR. ive seen the video of the S3 collapsing and didnt mention anthing on the forge website about the LC TIP collapsing, learnt something new :) id change it anyways

lyceum

Nice, cheers for the input guys. Looks like I may as well get it done at the same time :thumbup:

greck999

SLOW work in progress....
Jul 10, 2009
Rugeley, Staffs
Not so sure that its essential to have it done... I havnt bothered yet and mine didnt collapse on full chat on P-Torques RR. Maybe its only when theres a standard airbox in situ and its struggling to get enough air. An open cone or something similar might solve the collapsing issue. Its a mod that can wait if funds r tight....

xr2turbo

Nov 30, 2009
norfolk
mine is mapped on a std item (i think) no issues but changing it when i hear what 1 fits and is reasonably priced

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex

Same pipe but connected to smaller turbo producing less power. Ive never worried about TIP collapse when stage 2 mapped. Id only replace if it actually failed.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.