should i sell/swap my fr for skoda vrs

valley boy 11

Im thinking of getting a bigger car, kids are kicking hell out of my seat and doing my head in, been offered swap with a vrs 1.8t, i know its petrol, but does any one have any experience with these? i know engine/box are good, but what about the car as a whole? what kind of mpg can u expect out of these? any info would be appreciated.

meltonlad

Mar 21, 2009
huntingdon
a mate has one and moans about the mpg... they are only getting around 260 miles per tank but its got 117k on the clock and still going strong.

valley boy 11

cheers, im getting 200 miles to 20 quid, dont think il bother if they that thirsty! my boss got an 07 xkr 400+ bhp that does more mpg than that! maybe il buy one of them!lol.;)

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
bigger boot,less rear leg room iirc.
mine was an absolute pig.5-600 quid to get it through the MOT once,never ever went through without a fault,new steering rack,anti roll bar links,dampers,snapped a spring, lambda probes,good dealer went bad when i so much as queried their fault finding methods.
When it ran right i loved it,but there are plenty out there that will not disagree.

Rarpuc

Jun 28, 2008
west of scotland
I had a Mk1 octy VRS previously,mpg wise its all down to how you drive like any car,even after the remap i seen low 30s with mixed driving as for the car as a whole i have to agree slightly with weejase,mine never had any major problems but just seemed to be riddled with silly things......a boost leak fault code that could never be solved although it wasnt causing any problems,secondary air pump starting packing up,got an advisory note at its MOT about leaking front shocks, had to replace a sticking starter motor, in comparison my LCR has way more miles on it than my VRS ever had and it has not put a foot wrong,the VRS just didnt seem as well put together and i was never fully convinced by it.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
it does handle much better than the leon cupra though :D,perhaps thats why so many suspension components went on mine,over enthusiastic driving.