Should i use Optimax in my 1.2?

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
I only use V-Power now, even though its 116.9:censored:

Started with a normal shell points card, and they noticed that i was only filling up with V-Power so they upgraded it and gave me a V-Power card. Very good for Air Miles, usually put £30 a week so im wracking up the points. I just always ask for a reciept to makes sure the account has been given the points. The didnt put the points on one time and i kicked up a right fuss. Ended up getting the points from a guy who has just filled up his Jeep Grand Cherokee with £60 worth.... cha ching!

On the fuel side of things, V-Power is very good stuff, car feels better and slightly more responsive, but you wont be like WOW my car feels alot faster. Mainly use it because its better for the engine

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I only use V-Power now, even though its 116.9:censored:
On the fuel side of things, V-Power is very good stuff, car feels better and slightly more responsive, but you wont be like WOW my car feels alot faster. Mainly use it because its better for the engine

Yes, "Mainly use it because it is better for the engine" - that reason counts for a lot in the long term, my local VX garage saw their work load increase when Sainsbury opened their fuel station - seems some marques suffer more than others, they tended to try to advise their customers to save money overall by avoiding supermarket fuel stations as it was not really doing anyone locally any good by garages getting extra work by customers using supermarket fuel.

Shell did screw up royally some time back, I was using them a alot then as well, the police force in Fife were using shuv-its and Shell had just launched its tried and tested rebranded fuel with added "burn enhancers" - this stuff tended to destroy VX small engines - and Shell paid out - so just watch out these companies will just dump anything onto the market place and let us find out if they really do work - I discounted them as a "fuel of choice" then and considered myself lucky that Fords did not seem to suffer.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.