Should my Toledo have a hole in its valance?

Rog.

...is unwell
Jul 19, 2006
Location Location
A quite possibly stupid question: the panel under the front fog lights (is this the valance?) has a moulded recess on each side, about the same size as the fog lights above them. On the passenger side, this a complete, painted recess, but on the driver's side, it looks as though about two thirds of the recess has been cut away, leaving a fairly sharp diagonal edge, although the rest of it seems quite neat. I've never spotted this before, but I have just got the car back having had a new front bumper fitted and now I'm wondering if it was damaged at the coachworks. Apart from the diagonal bit it looks too neat to have been broken, as the recess has been removed cleanly around its perimiter. This is hard to describe - anyone know how I can post some pictures?
Thanks,
Rog.

Rog.

...is unwell
Jul 19, 2006
Location Location
having taken another look I think it was a supid question, it looks like it's supposed to be there, must be an air intake or something. Wierd the way the diagonal edge is so sharp though, and really wierd the way I've never noticed it before:confused:

TollyTDI

some one has cut away the cover because the intercooler sits behind the bumper in the front wing, its just allow better air flow over the intercooler

healy6660

Right Old Giffer
Mar 30, 2007
Cumbria
mine has a hole in the rear vallance cover
but that is cos the previous owner was a prat
can't even figure out why cos there is no sign of a tow bar ever having been fitted
looks sh*t as well

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.