Side panel needs replaced.... How Much??

luemas

Hey guys, One of my mates accidentally reversed into the back of me on the weekend and im not happy :censored: Went to the body shop and the guy said its too big to fill and would need a new panel, although i couldnt do it himself he sugguested most dealers it would cost £1500 at the dealer$, so now my friend aint too happy :whistle: surely it doesnt coz this much... does it?? it is the big side panel and its a 3dr... but still... anybody else had this panel replaced?... how much did it cost you?? Many thanks peeps :D

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
got a leon and had the front wing replaced and that come in at £900+ as they have to spray in other panels to match it all in so reckon that amount of money sounds not far off mate....

luemas

Nope not atm, too dark to get pics :( but i rekon it does need a new panel too....did u get urs done at the big dealer$ or the body shops? i might try and get a quote from a larger bodywork shop... hopefully theyll be more reasonable

TINCAN

Mar 27, 2006
MK
my leon was done at an independant bodyshop but is one reccomended by local dealer...

If your near Milton Keynes its called perfect paint and is very good and perfect finish as you would expect...

luckily mine involved a thrid party who stopped and gave insurance info.....

Last edited:

luemas

damn, looks as though theres gonna be a big hole in someones wallet :(

luemas

Does Anybody have a rought idea how much it would be to get the panel replaced by a bodyshop??

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
you might get it slightly cheaper as they would paint for less than seat probably but wont be loads off the quote, as said other pannels need matching in

luemas

guinness to my rescue again! thanx mate, £1500 for a panel just seems way too much when u think i spent £4500 on the entire car, there must be more labour in it then i think! keep posting peeps :D

Guinness

Finally got the BMW
Nov 29, 2006
Newcastle
yer painting costs are going to be a fair bit of the price and the time obviously taken to paint it. Only other thing I could think of is try to find the pannel from a breakers or something and get someone to paint/match it in for you, this might not be worth it and Iv never tried anything like it but might be an idea

luemas

Yer sound very time consuming too :( thanx for the ideas tho... gonna go round some larger bodyshops tomoro for some final quotes for him... ill keep uz posted!

croakey

croakey is here...he seems to get all the ****ing luck :(

mine was replaced back in november/december time...and although it was insurance money it went to the bodyshop of my choice...

started off like this...
DSCF0968.jpg

DSCF0937.jpg

then it looked like this...
17102006434.jpg

25102006441-1.jpg

and now she looks like this...
DSC00817.jpg

cost all in all £1308 including VAT and that was at a place that does ferrari resto's etc...

however tune in next week to see how croakey deals with...
passenger door + wall = nice dent
DSC00969.jpg

...and sisters micra+ not looking + not breaking = big dent
DSC01006.jpg

tune in next week for a boot and bonnet i would predict!

croakey

i like my bumpstrips though...not going fully smooth bumpers anymore so they follow the rest of the lines of the car

luemas

Got a quote today for approx £900 + VAT so not as much as i anticipated but still alot, Also spoke to another bodyshop who rekons he can bash it out so im waiting opn a quote from him :). Since its looking as tho the bumper strip will need replaced i might get the new ones sprayed to match the body work.... altho it isnt as noticable on black :(, but might add a bit of extra class to the car :D

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
pay the proper money if you want a good job as if the price is cheap the repairers will cut corners and the job will be rushed bout £1400 approx is what my work would charge

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.