side skirts

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
Hi, have looked at the guide on the homepage showing how to remove side skirts off a mk2. but was wondering how they would actually be fitted??? as i certainly don't have the clips shown in that guide sticking out of the car :shrug:

cheers

Nev

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
If you have a look under your car you'll see a runner going down the length of the car, the skirt 'clamps' to this when you tighten screws on the skirt. Should be exactly the same fittings on the MK2. Bare in mind if u've got a 1.4 like me, you'll have to drill then screw into the front wheel arch (metal work) to attach the front section on properly. Although i havent bothered and it sits fine.

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
if im takin them off i will yeah, but all beezas should have the runners for them to clamp onto. Its literally like a runner down the length of the car, tbh its not obvious how theyd fit when u only look at the fixings on the skirt itself. I has about 5 fixings along the skirt where ud assume theres 5 fastenings under the car. I'll let u know if i got pics matey!

nev

Mar 27, 2007
Southampton
kk. Yer i guess its the same as most things, should be able to work it out once i see the skirts. If you can find a pic at all that'd be grand though. every little helps :D

KP

Down-N-Out
Mar 11, 2007
Bristol
i fitted them to my 1.4, quite simple really hardest bit is bucking up some courage to drill holes in ur car :D

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.