Side skirts

Geraint Thomas

Jun 24, 2019
Has anyone ever bought these? They are plastic and painted for £125.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201029_090733_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20201029_090733_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 300

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
You might want to put a link up so people can tell you what they think with better accuracy. If they were the Polish stuff off eBay, i wouldn't bother, but if they were genuine I'd rip their arm off.

A picture, in this case, is not worth a 1000 words.

Reactions: Mr Pig

Lozzy15

Mods mods mods
Staff member
Mar 24, 2015
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
As said you really want to be going genuine for these. The aftermarket ones often have poor fitment and bad quality materials used. Not all, but most. Whereas the genuine ones will fit as they should and be built with good quality materials.

Geraint Thomas

Jun 24, 2019
164263542034 that's the ebay item number. I was thinking of ordering them via PayPal and if they are crap getting a refund

UnworthyBean

Dec 6, 2019
Have you checked that if you want them painted there isn't an additional charge? The listing doesn't say there is but I'd be surprised if they're doing it for free.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
You might want to put a link up so people can tell you what they think with better accuracy. If they were the Polish stuff off eBay, i wouldn't bother, but if they were genuine I'd rip their arm off.

A picture, in this case, is not worth a 1000 words.
They aren't genuine, not for that price. Plus they're from Turkey.

The polish reps aren't that bad, as long as you understand you get what you pay for.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Geraint Thomas

Jun 24, 2019
I couldn't do a link. I know what your saying but they seem cheap to me. Obviously if you buy through PayPal and they are crap you'd be covered. Free skirts maybe haha

Zombi_Bear

Nov 1, 2020
Huddersfield
I bought an unpainted set from Poland, terrible fitting etc.

With the painted turkey ones, would they test fit perfectly to the car before painting? So it's just a case of installing on the car rather than modifying/primer/paint.

SteveGSXR600K1

May 6, 2017
They aren't genuine, not for that price. Plus they're from Turkey.

The polish reps aren't that bad, as long as you understand you get what you pay for.

The original post only had the picture with no words, hence my reply. Looks like Geraint has added in a description since.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
I got some from Poland on ebay and got them painted myself and fitted them myself and they are perfect.
20200913_192744.jpg
20200926_081739.jpg

Last edited:

Zombi_Bear

Nov 1, 2020
Huddersfield
I got some from Poland on ebay and got them painted myself and fitted them myself and they are perfect. View attachment 19569 View attachment 19570
Its a hit and miss with them. I bought a set 2 years ago for my 3 door FR and it was almost perfect. Now bought another for my 5dr, but its not a good fit, needs alot of adjustment.

Btw, did you mount the ends of the skirt behind the mudguard or infront?

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
Its a hit and miss with them. I bought a set 2 years ago for my 3 door FR and it was almost perfect. Now bought another for my 5dr, but its not a good fit, needs alot of adjustment.

Btw, did you mount the ends of the skirt behind the mudguard or infront?

I just measured , drilled and used the original fixings that are already there , when I fitted them I offered them up first and any parts not fitting a 100% i warmed up and wrapped that part tight with masking tape for 24 hours to straighten it and when i was happy i fitted them to the car.

Geraint Thomas

Jun 24, 2019
They've replied so I've sent a picture of the car

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201102_200211_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201102_200211_com.android.chrome.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 176

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
I just measured , drilled and used the original fixings that are already there , when I fitted them I offered them up first and any parts not fitting a 100% i warmed up and wrapped that part tight with masking tape for 24 hours to straighten it and when i was happy i fitted them to the car.

Do you have the measurements for the screw hols for the underside?

I've got the clips and screws but the polish skirts don't have holes, so I'm not 100% sure on where to put them as like you, i'm planning on using the proper SEAT hardware to fix the skirts on.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth

I've got the clips and screws but the polish skirts don't have holes, so I'm not 100% sure on where to put them as like you, i'm planning on using the proper SEAT hardware to fix the skirts on.

Hi
I bonded the skirts to the underside as I did not want to drill holes to the underside of the car .

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth

Hi
I bonded the skirts to the underside as I did not at to drill holes to the underside of the car .
Oh so you didn't use the original Seat clips?

No as I couldn't with mine but I think it just depends on what you buy.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members