Got a reply, I can use them in my vehicle apparently

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201105_113747_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    Screenshot_20201105_113747_com.ebay.mobile.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 146

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Guess you should take the risk and get some.....be our guinea pig.

I kinda wish I'd have seen these, I've got a set of the polish ones and with Seat fixings and adhesive kit and paint I'm already up to ~£170 ish

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Think I'm going to take the punt.

My polish replica ones aren't going to be easy to fit so I can't be bothered to try

Going to see what the policy is if they don't fit etc then probably buy a set....

Reactions: Compo1

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Possibly.
I'm also considering the Rieger ones (190 from progressive parts and a guaranteed fit).

They came back and said they'd refund if they get them back, but I'd have to pay to ship them back, so still unsure on them.

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
So I also asked them for fitting instructions...

"installation instructions are like this. you can use hot glue. and cutting the ends of the side skirts is not suitable for mounting the product in your car.
1- The area to be installed should be cleaned (it should be cleaned with cleaning thinner or alcohol.)
2- side skirts silicone part is the contact point of the car with the highest level.
3- Silicon is drawn from the beginning to the end of the upper area of the side skirts (of the plastic ones). Removed silicone is made in a round shape that comes out of the tip of the gun, not distributed and is not fed. Because that part has to touch the vehicle's chassis.
4- Then, one is checked with 2 people without sticking. If the silicone has no contact points, those parts are determined and the silicone is squeezed again and the whole surface is contacted.
5- Holding the two people at one end, the skirts are taken slightly above the point of the skirts and the product is contacted.
6- After completing the alignment, screws are thrown from the protruding parts coming to the interior of the fender. While throwing the screw, it is necessary to push the skirt from the bottom of the screwed parts and throw the screw. Because during the drying of the skirt, each surface must be in direct contact.
7- After throwing the screws, the skirts are pushed and pulled on the body of the vehicle several times and the silicones are spread to the body and the plastic part.
8- After sticking with tape from several points, if there are excess or overflowing silicones, they are wiped with thinner. If the thinner used is cellulosic, it is recommended to use cleaning thinner since there is a possibility of paint removal.
9- Skirts are made and assembled from certain areas or by seeing that each part touches the case in general.
10- If there is an error during the alignment, it may be necessary to unscrew the inside of the fender by screwing the screws to adjust these parts"

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
So I also asked them for fitting instructions...

"installation instructions are like this. you can use hot glue. and cutting the ends of the side skirts is not suitable for mounting the product in your car.
1- The area to be installed should be cleaned (it should be cleaned with cleaning thinner or alcohol.)
2- side skirts silicone part is the contact point of the car with the highest level.
3- Silicon is drawn from the beginning to the end of the upper area of the side skirts (of the plastic ones). Removed silicone is made in a round shape that comes out of the tip of the gun, not distributed and is not fed. Because that part has to touch the vehicle's chassis.
4- Then, one is checked with 2 people without sticking. If the silicone has no contact points, those parts are determined and the silicone is squeezed again and the whole surface is contacted.
5- Holding the two people at one end, the skirts are taken slightly above the point of the skirts and the product is contacted.
6- After completing the alignment, screws are thrown from the protruding parts coming to the interior of the fender. While throwing the screw, it is necessary to push the skirt from the bottom of the screwed parts and throw the screw. Because during the drying of the skirt, each surface must be in direct contact.
7- After throwing the screws, the skirts are pushed and pulled on the body of the vehicle several times and the silicones are spread to the body and the plastic part.
8- After sticking with tape from several points, if there are excess or overflowing silicones, they are wiped with thinner. If the thinner used is cellulosic, it is recommended to use cleaning thinner since there is a possibility of paint removal.
9- Skirts are made and assembled from certain areas or by seeing that each part touches the case in general.
10- If there is an error during the alignment, it may be necessary to unscrew the inside of the fender by screwing the screws to adjust these parts"

They make it sound like a moon landing lol , it's only a side skirt.
I think it's more difficult using the instructions ...

Level

Dec 28, 2018
If you want genuine sideskirts i can supply them. Message me if you are interested and happy to give more information.

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
I've just had a set delivered.
£125 including painting and shipping

They're pretty decent tbh. Paint match is alright too!
d8452b1c1cca9ea32c718935539b973e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Let us know how you got on mate will you please.

The match looks fine in the pic is the quality of the paint ok finish wise ?

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Let us know how you got on mate will you please.

The match looks fine in the pic is the quality of the paint ok finish wise ?
Yeah it's actually very good.
I'm going to give them a polish before they go on anyway but there's no orange peel, no dry areas of lacquer and no dust nibs (so far)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Compo1

Dannnnn

Dec 9, 2018
Hampshire
Thought I'd give this a bump.

I got these fitted over the BH weekend.

Nice and straight forward, screw in the front arch (where the OEM one goes) and a screw in the rear splash shield, then a line of sealer along the top.
Hardest bit was cleaning the sealant off before it skins over. I went for grey sealer so it blends a bit better than white or black.

IMO they look great. Very happy and worth every penny.

I sent some pics and a message to the seller on Aliexpress and they're going to sort out a discount code for me too.

PXL_20210530_083929900.jpg

PXL_20210530_083939896.jpg

PXL_20210530_083954098.jpg

Reactions: Compo1 and jt20vt

Compo1

Jul 19, 2010
Thought I'd give this a bump.

I got these fitted over the BH weekend.

Nice and straight forward, screw in the front arch (where the OEM one goes) and a screw in the rear splash shield, then a line of sealer along the top.
Hardest bit was cleaning the sealant off before it skins over. I went for grey sealer so it blends a bit better than white or black.

IMO they look great. Very happy and worth every penny.

I sent some pics and a message to the seller on Aliexpress and they're going to sort out a discount code for me too.

View attachment 24914

View attachment 24915

View attachment 24916
They look great mate so are these the painted ones off eBay or are they from aliexpress painted ? Doctors Garage ?