Sidelight / DRL led replacement

yevit

Dec 3, 2018
Hi,

Just picked a 2017 fr 184 after someone hit my mk1 fr+ after 8 years . Loving the upgrade but I've got a quick question about the front led lights (sorry still getting used to how they work!).

On the offside the sidelight the strip from the top doesn't seem to ever light up. The indicator is fine and there's no warning on the dash. So I'm wondering if the bulbs blown or if there's something I'm missing about the way they work? If it is something like a blown bulb can someone point me to what bulb I need and where it fits?

Whilst I'm here is the illuminated fr logo on the door sill an optional extra? because that doesn't seem to light up either. I thought it was standard on 2017 models and should light up red in sport mode? I've read it's very dim but mine doesn't seem to do anything.

Sorry these are newbie questions but not had much luck finding the answer searching

Thanks
d79776b71cc4a5dfdc71f9c31e88b042.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Your warranty should cover both issues, check with your local dealer.

The LED drl is a non serviceable part and both my 2018 FR sills lights up in white, albeit you can only see this in the dark.

Reactions: yevit

yevit

Dec 3, 2018
Thanks. I did wonder if it was serviceable, I read that in the manual but couldn't make out if it was just referring to the headlight.

I'll mention the door sills too. Seems to be hit and miss as to who has them and who doesn't

nick.buchan2

May 10, 2018
Is yours a 3 door ?

My 2018 FL Cupra don't light up either.
When I spoke to the dealer - he pointed out that only the 5dr hatch and estate have illuminated sills

Nope. July 2017 5 door. Maybe they added them later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R4CK5

Mar 8, 2017
My march 17 facelift fr 5dr doesn't have illuminated sills. Is this a MY19 spec change?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

yevit

Dec 3, 2018
Mines Nov 2017. After looking at the sills I don't think they're faulty, I rekon they're just not meant to be illuminated. Not too bothered but I wonder if the wiring is there to fit them if I find some at a breakers

Cars booked in next week about the headlight so I'll see what they say.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise