Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Recently I've started looking into moving us to Xenforo 2 (funds permitting). As part of that, I'll take these ideas on board. No changes in the near future though. Watch this space.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Just an update. Wheels now in motion to upgrade to XF2 and the new UI.X theme for XF2. No timescales yet, but will be starting with a vanilla install and having a play. Will update as things go.

As part of this due to the good mobile support, I intend to drop support for Tapatalk, unless I can be convinced there would be uproar from our community :) I weaned myself off it a good 6 months ago and haven't felt the need for it.

Deleted member 103408

Is it ok if we post this message in the car threads.

I know a lot of guys on here use Tapatalk, also one other feature of tapatalk is the loading of pictures onto the site, do you think the new software will enable people to load bigger pictures than today as lots of folks have problems with current size limit

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Is it ok if we post this message in the car threads.

I know a lot of guys on here use Tapatalk, also one other feature of tapatalk is the loading of pictures onto the site, do you think the new software will enable people to load bigger pictures than today as lots of folks have problems with current size limit

We can load bigger pictures now if we want to. Just don't want to flood the server. What sort of sizes are the average that people want to upload do you know? I can take another look.

I'll probably do a separate Tapatalk voting thread with an announcement or something to be fair.

ta

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
So for all of us non website/forum masters etc... what are the pros and cons to this versus for example me using tapatalk? I’m pretty tech savvy but not exactly familiar with what you’re speaking of. Something to think about is tapatalk let’s people have multiple forums in one scope in one app. When you stop supporting it then it also makes those people that use it for all their forum usage to have to change the app every time they want to use your forum. Decent inconvenience level and a bit annoying to quote a few people I would think.

Just food for thought

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Another vote for tapatalk here. Means I get a no nonsense user interface common across several fora which I frequent!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
We can load bigger pictures now if we want to. Just don't want to flood the server. What sort of sizes are the average that people want to upload do you know? I can take another look.

I'll probably do a separate Tapatalk voting thread with an announcement or something to be fair.

ta
Yeah a Tapatalk thread maybe useful just to see... I only use one forum so I never need it lol

As for picture sizes how good is your camera I guess lol my 3 year old phone gives out 5mb pictures with pretty good quality...

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
I use Tapatalk for my mobile connection to the forum as it is easy to use and a one touch way of looking at the forum.

Adding of pictures is easy direct from my iPhone XR as well.

Although I’d like to keep the Tapatalk access, I guess I’d go with the majority.

Will we get a view of the new forum setup prior to it going live? Just so we can see how it looks and loads on mobile?

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
I use Tapatalk as for adding pictures it’s easy and straight forward from the mobile phone as that’s all I use before I used Tapatalk trying to add a picture was always a nightmare with all I would get is images are to big or it would not load up and ended up giving up just from reading different post I noticed something called Tapatalk and used that and all my pictures nightmares where over

Reactions: Leon20vt4

Deleted member 103408

ta

On my phone the camera produces pictures around the 3.8mb size so I am always having to reduce them to upload.
I think that tapatalk also host's the pictures (or somehow does an auto reduction) so if you turned it off I suspect you are going to get a big increase in volume of non hosted pictures.

Reactions: Yellow fr

Yellow fr

Gone to new owner so seat less for now
Sep 6, 2018
Sandbeds West Yorkshire
Just posted a post with picture on the Doncaster meet using the forum own site and the picture loaded easy so if that continues I would be happy to not use Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Just posted a post with picture on the Doncaster meet using the forum own site and the picture loaded easy so if that continues I would be happy to not use Tapatalk

How big was that image may I ask?

Andrewwright

Turbo lover
Aug 16, 2016
Peterborough
Not use tapa?!? I find the internet site tiresome so I'll be gone from seat.net
If you really want to drop tapa just make your own app, all it is is web links in code and the rest is pretty basic stuff....just a thought.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Not use tapa?!? I find the internet site tiresome so I'll be gone from seat.net
If you really want to drop tapa just make your own app, all it is is web links in code and the rest is pretty basic stuff....just a thought.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Would you be able to expand a little bit on the tiresome bit? How could we make it better do you think? I assume Tapatalk shows the site differently...

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members