Signs of FK Highsport coilovers failing !??

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
Noticed the other day my Fk highsport coilovers started making a small rattle sound from the front passenger side coilover but didn't think much of it because of the harsher ride.
But as my MOT is due i got a pre MOT done on it and it looks like there is play in the shiny piston part of the coilover that goes up and down within the coilover itself.
If you push the top and bottom of the wheel you can see a small amount of movement.

Now the thing is the coilovers are only 5 Months old and look like there failing to me! [:@]

Where do i stand? i got the from Rimstyle and im sure something like this should have at least 1 yrs warranty or something?

Did someone else on here not have a problem with a broken coilover??

Cheers jay

P.s Any advice is welcome, gonna try give them a call.

J1MMY

the man with the van
Jun 30, 2005
brizzle
Get on to rimstyle a.s.a.p, though as is often the case with "middle men" they may want to send the unit back to FK (FK may insist on it) before they give you any kind of replacement/refund. Still worth a try tho!

I've said this before but its worth noting anyways...IMO FK's are, by and large, crap. they were ok when they were relatively cheap but that was the only thing going in their favour. I've used highsports & konigsports, Weitec GT & TX, and supersports in the past (don't even bother unless you love back problems). Since the price hike I can't see why anyone would opt for them over Weitecs which are WELL worth the extra. they run rings around Fk's in every way.

I'm currently stuck with a pr of konigsports on the front of the caddy and the only reason they're still on there after a year is because the car has hardly been on the road - the highsports that I fitted to my old VR6 'raddo AFTER buying the konigs' corroded stupidly within 3 months!

Rant over - don't meant to upset anyone but I've seen so many problem posts/threads about FK's that I simply don't understand why people still buy them.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
driveforwards did the same thing - the inner retaining 'nut' came off - replaced immediately by the vendor, no problem

Still well made IMO - though with their recent price increase it puts them on a par with other brands

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
it could be the 'cap' that retains the damper in the body has become loose hence the play, i nipped mine up before installation

What cap is this?

I've had no other complaints about them, other than the fact there only 5 months old! They do the job perfect.
I'll get on the phone to them asap.
I know there gonna want to send the coilover away, which is gonna be hassle.
And may not get them back for at least a month or so, When ordering them they toke 4 weeks!

Cheers jay

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.