Slightly confused?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Ok i have been searching the site for a list of things i would need to get done when lowering my car and cant really find anything specific so was looking for some help with that if possible

I bought the H & R Cup Kit for my first cupra but never got chance to fitting it before selling the kit and the car! I now have another cupra (as most of you have seen) and have decided the next mod will be to get it lowered

I think i will probably go for the H & R Cup Kit again as it seems to have good feedback but i am kind of stuck with a couple of things

1. Who would be the best person to fit something like that? Would it be worth actually getting say Awesome GTI to fit the kit?
2. Is there anything i need to do before or after getting it fitted?

I just worry about doing things to my car as i want them to be just right and have seen far too many bodge jobs! I dont mind spending the money as long as i know the job will be done right

cpufreak

back in the UK
Nov 9, 2003
London, SW6
photo.ing.me.uk
CupraTgirl said:
1. Who would be the best person to fit something like that? Would it be worth actually getting say Awesome GTI to fit the kit?
2. Is there anything i need to do before or after getting it fitted?

I just worry about doing things to my car as i want them to be just right and have seen far too many bodge jobs! I dont mind spending the money as long as i know the job will be done right

The main thing to do after you fit new suspension is to have your tracking checked, and your car undergo a 4 wheel alignment, as the change in rideheight etc, is likely to throw it out. 4 wheel alignment takes an hour or two, and is thus normally around 100quid or so. Get the tracking checked, but Don't do the 4WA straight away though, wait until you've done a couple of hundred miles on it, so the suspension has settled and you're sure the ride height is correct.

If you get it professionally fitted, they're likely to be able to do the 4WA too, and if its not right, you can get them to adjust it, raise it or whatever afterwards...they may include a second visit for adjusting in their price.

If you do it yourself fitting the rear suspension is a doddle, (at least it was in the MKIVs, dunno about MK3, but I imagine its similar), but the fronts aren't fun, and take hours per side...very frustrating work. You'll want with you someone who has:

(a) changed suspension before
(b) makes good tea
(c) has a good toolkit
(d) has lots of patience

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
cpufreak said:
The main thing to do after you fit new suspension is to have your tracking checked, and your car undergo a 4 wheel alignment, as the change in rideheight etc, is likely to throw it out. 4 wheel alignment takes an hour or two, and is thus normally around 100quid or so. Get the tracking checked, but Don't do the 4WA straight away though, wait until you've done a couple of hundred miles on it, so the suspension has settled and you're sure the ride height is correct.

If you get it professionally fitted, they're likely to be able to do the 4WA too, and if its not right, you can get them to adjust it, raise it or whatever afterwards...they may include a second visit for adjusting in their price.

If you do it yourself fitting the rear suspension is a doddle, (at least it was in the MKIVs, dunno about MK3, but I imagine its similar), but the fronts aren't fun, and take hours per side...very frustrating work. You'll want with you someone who has:

(a) changed suspension before
(b) makes good tea
(c) has a good toolkit
(d) has lots of patience

Ok so i should just get the kit and sort out someone to fit it for me and get the tracking done straight away? Then do the Wheel Alignment about 200 miles after?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise