Small details - Classy or tacky?

Kyle Townend

Dec 3, 2005
On saturday I am due to have my Koni - 30mm springs fitted, but while all the wheels are off, I considered painting my calipers red. I think red calipers on cars look good, however I'd hate for people to thinking im pretending to have something I dont. ie HUAGGE Brembos etc :whistle:

I know its my car, and my opinion that matters - but would this be a tacky mod, or should i simply stop being cheap and buy some nice brakes :p

Any other ideas for small subtle changes to the car? I'd like smoked rear lights next - but cant justify the cost of the FK ones yet :think:

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Kyle Townend said:
On saturday I am due to have my Koni - 30mm springs fitted, but while all the wheels are off, I considered painting my calipers red. I think red calipers on cars look good, however I'd hate for people to thinking im pretending to have something I dont. ie HUAGGE Brembos etc :whistle:

I know its my car, and my opinion that matters - but would this be a tacky mod, or should i simply stop being cheap and buy some nice brakes :p

Any other ideas for small subtle changes to the car? I'd like smoked rear lights next - but cant justify the cost of the FK ones yet :think:
Don't get any paint on brake lines as Seat were sued for someone painting the calipers and it ate through the brake lines!

Go for it..... i did mine.

Image001.jpg

Kaanarig

i did my bmw mini when i had it u use hammeright on metal paint. I think thts how u spell it. At the end of the day its ur car and u drive it not anyone else so custom it how *you* like. Everyones opinions are different thats wht makes us individual :)

EdButler

Apr 24, 2005
Sheffield
Yep red hammerite... One thing though - make sure you leave at a LONG time to dry and try to laquer it.

Drive while its wet, and brake dust will stick to them and theyll need a re-paint.