smearing windscreen

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Wash it. Polish it and clean wipers or new ones. Then a good windscreen wash. Einszett do polish and wash from Clean and Shiny. Had the same problem on my car and the wash is excellent.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
is there something i can buy to clean my wiper blades ? i clean them every time i do the car and i was wondering if there is something that puts moisture back in to the rubber while removing the dirt. i have used IPA (isoproponal) and cloths to try and clean the blades, and more and more black stuff just comes off and never seems to end.

i do use rainX on my windscreen but i have to use my wipers at slow speeds

MarkJ

Ibiza GTi
Mar 26, 2007
Chesterfield
is there something i can buy to clean my wiper blades ? i clean them every time i do the car and i was wondering if there is something that puts moisture back in to the rubber while removing the dirt. i have used IPA (isoproponal) and cloths to try and clean the blades, and more and more black stuff just comes off and never seems to end.

i do use rainX on my windscreen but i have to use my wipers at slow speeds

Someone told me to wipe my wipers with vinegar, so i did and now they work great, not sure why or if it will damage them in the long run though.

Daffy

Detail Wizard
May 29, 2007
Just use normal window cleaner for cars. It should be safe for the blades as it is designed for so shouldn't damage the blades.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
I use white spirit on my blades. No idea if thats good or bad for them, bad I assume but I end up with a brilliant wipe effect from them! I change them every 6 months so they don't have a chance to fall apart or degreade. Seeing where you are going clearly is a high priority in my book.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members