Snowfoam or not snowfoam?

didevldo

Hi all!

I'm just about to get some new cleaning kit and i was just wondering on opinions on snowfoam? More specifically, is it a value for money kind of buy or just more of a good fun method?

The reason i ask is because i currently don't have a jet wash so i would need to buy one of those along with the lance and super snowfoam liquid itself. Not sure if i can justify buying a jet wash just for that! (Not too flush at the moment either!)

Any opinions would be appreciated!

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
Having a jetwash would be pretty handy for the car washes but from what ive heard about snow foam it looks very cool but still needs some manual labour to remove the dirt!

didevldo

Thanks for the reply! What you say is the impression i had of it. I think i may just stick with a good rinse with the hose (quite good water pressure here!) and thorough wash two bucket style!
Cheers!

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
I dont really agree, ive used snow foam for over 12 months, and find that i can jet wash, then snow foam, leave, then jet wash and that all was required. Plus its really really good fun lol

Mar 26, 2007
S.Wales
personally i have found the snowfoam completely crap at cleaning my car, it does bugger all!

still fun to use though. :)

Ninja

Cupra now gone :(
Oct 1, 2005
Reading
www.peugeot-gti.net
ha ha ha.. I guess if your car stays pretty clean (unlike mine!) and useit every week or so it might be enough..

My car gets manky driving to work everyday though and im not sure it would cope with cleaning mine!

Hosepipe and 2 buckets works perfectly well for me too :) Oh and a meguairs wash mitt and drying towel lol.. oh and a box full of cleaning products that dont get used that much ;)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I tend to use Snowfoam as a pre-wash. Helps loosen the dirt and dust and lifts it in the foam. It doesn'r replace a proper 2 bucket wash. I always pre-wash with snow foam, then rinse and then wash the car by hand afterwards. I use Chemical Guys - Extreme Wash and Wax as my main wash.

didevldo

As i'd only be buying a jet wash to use solely with the snowfoam (if i get it), would the expense be justified to just pre-wash?

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
Theres a review of lots of different snow foams on here somewhere, sure Iain did one! Clicky

And I also think that Iain (Finer Details) uses snow foam to non contact wash one of his vehicles and he seems to think that does the job, unless I'm making that up. This may have been the link, couldn't be arse to look anymore, sorry! Clicky

Rubbish Boy

Don't forget the SuperSpray it's not up there with a foam lance but is still quite effective for use as pre-soak with some decent shampoo in.

Jace

Sneaker Freaker
I have a Karcher Foam Lance, a Gilmour & a Sudblaster (I'm OCD ;))

The sudblaster is ok for a quick presud in summer, but not much else, I find the Karcher Lance & the Gilmour to be the tools required for proper foaming.

I use a mix of Megs Hyper wash & SnowFoam, you get plenty of foam out of that mixture.

I always Follow this schedule

1A: Heavy soiling Blast with jet wash 1st

1B: If its just normal, Foam it up & leave for 5 mins

2: Rinse off any foam remaining

3: Wash using a lambs wool mit & plenty of hot sudded water, 1 bucket with grit guard installed

4: Rub/rinse mit between dipping, to remove any debris attached.

5: Open hose rinse off the sud's with normal water, followed by a rinse with deironised water.

6: Spritz with Meguiars Last Touch

7: Dry with a high quality microfibre drying towel (like the chemical guys "Mirracle towel"

I find this keeps the swirls to a minimum, but we all have our own ways/style.

:)

didevldo

Thanks for the replies! Gonna have to think about it a bit more i think!
Cheers.

Reg

Professional Detailer
Oct 10, 2005
Berkshire
Snowfoam isn't a good cleaning detergent on its own, you need to add something to it do actually do any cleaning - Meg's Gold Class, Hyper Wash, Shampoo Plus, or Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss etc etc. The Snowfoam is a detergent that actually helps the foam action, a proper shampoo will help soften & remove some dirt before you wash it properly.

If the car is only lightly dirty, and its very well waxed, you may well get away with just a couple of foam/rinse cycles, which is handy this time of year (although I wouldn't want to run a drying towel or anything else over it without a proper wash first).

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.