So confused

perks

Oct 27, 2008
What would cause a car to stall when trying to apply any revswhen the engine is cold. Idle is fine until revved then it dies until the car gets warm and all is fine?

I've serviced her. Plugs were really sooty incidentally and throttle body full of crap so gave it a clean. Changed the thermostat and housing as they were knackered. And I'ved changed the Lambda sensor. Really stumped here. :confused:

walshc

What engine is it?
Does it make like a hissing sound? could be a fecked vac hose?
How did you clean the TB? did you damage anything whilst doing it?

perks

Oct 27, 2008
No audible difference used wynns carb cleaner. Don't think anything was damaged and it was doing it before I got my hands dirty! I'm only getting 20-25 mpg too. Performance doesn't feel any different. Coolant temp sensor perhaps?

teeth2k

Feb 8, 2003
sussex
Visit site
i had simular problem which is still on going i have changed the temp sens but no fix with mine it will randomly splutter or die until the temp needle get to half way some times it will die some times not im just living with it now

perks

Oct 27, 2008
I just changed the coolant temp sensor and seemed ok for a day or 2 but the spluttering has started to show again but only ever so slightly. Not a lot I can do it would seem. 1.8t conversion anyone?! *laughing until realizing dire state of bank account!*

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
To be fair i get this on the Leon, after ten mins or so its fine. The amount of times iv started up and come to the first roundabout goin home from work an its died on me is untrue, especially in this weather.

Jimski

perks

Oct 27, 2008
Got to be honest, it pulls well for the size, and when driven conservatively can be economic. Just a splitter about this spluttering thing. Almost as if the sensor isn't there for a minute or two.

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Iv just got used to it, that and a fluctuating idle, i solved that for a month or two using carb cleaner up the inlet, but its back with a vengeance now!

Jimski

perks

Oct 27, 2008
Any performance mods on yours? I want to break the 100 bhp mark. Not the most ambitious of targets I know but economy and all that!

perks

Oct 27, 2008
Why oh why did they plonk a 75bhp pony in mine then? They seem to have said "well this works lets stick it in" and then thought 2 hours later, "no it's crap, lets stop making bits for it and stick a 100bhp jobbie in it".

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.