software upgrade wipped my remmap.........ouch!!!

densil

Feb 22, 2007
Well I think that REVO flash back the new dealers code but with their own "REVO twist"!

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Thats not exactly true , Revo them selves at their head quaters might do it for free but if you used a garage to map your car they will charge you 30 mins labour so around £30 ish.

Having checked the Revo website, it does state in the FAQ's that either Revo or the garage that carried out the remap will or should reinstall the remap free of charge.. I suppose you could always take it up with Revo and perhaps get a refund of them if you are charged by the garage.

Kev Hall2

Oct 7, 2009
Bristol
Did you ask them to update your sotware? If not, I believe you have a right to ask them to repair any damage as a result of their actions. Ie. common sense, If you did nor agree to them amending the softwaree and it subsequently affected the map, you should be within your rights to ask them to put it back to where was.

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
Did you ask them to update your sotware? If not, I believe you have a right to ask them to repair any damage as a result of their actions. Ie. common sense, If you did nor agree to them amending the softwaree and it subsequently affected the map, you should be within your rights to ask them to put it back to where was.

Ergo, admitting its mapped and voiding warranty..

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I had the same but the mapping company wanted about £150 for it to be done (re-writing the map for the new software) ! As my car was in and out of the garage all the time for things going wrong at the time I couldn't justify doing it when it might be wiped again the week after! :( So back to standard now!!

What happens for those with bluefin etc?

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
I had the same but the mapping company wanted about £150 for it to be done (re-writing the map for the new software) ! As my car was in and out of the garage all the time for things going wrong at the time I couldn't justify doing it when it might be wiped again the week after! :( So back to standard now!!

What happens for those with bluefin etc?

with bluefin, you just re-load the bluefin map back on... it's free as it is loaded on the handset...

you may lose any dealer 'improvements' but it runs fine on the map so I am not bothered...

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
hi all put my k1 in to seat for 10,000 miles service! on way home thought i had lost some boost, drove car again last night and defo something up!

phoned my mate at ves sport, said to him about this! he asked if it had been to seat for service recently? "yip sure has"

did they do a software upgrade he asked...."sure did" ouch its wipped your remmap and car is back to statdard!!!!!!! :(

even proved this by takin the file off the ECU and comparing it to a standard file, was the same!!

we warning for use guys........
I had already advised this on another thread, Mine was wiped and it cost me £50.00 for an hours work to get Superchips to re enstall the map against my reg number. ........................................be warned [ I do not think this applies if you have a "blue fin" where you revert to standard prior to having a service]

lcrboy

Dec 31, 2007
scotland
yeah guys this is a bit of a grey area......:confused:

dont think its a good idea to argue with dealer over this if ur car is still under warranty!
best keeping quiet i think...

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
This will be all too common really when buying new cars , as updates come out they will overwrite and software mods that are there.
I remember reading that the FR diesels had a software upgrade that reduced power to overcome a sensitive sensor.
At the end of the day if you mod your car you need to take the consequences with it.

The op will just have to learn that this happens and put it down to experience.

FR_Flavoured

Yes, well with the Bluefin, YOU are given a Map handset as part of the package, so you can setup the map on your own car, after its been into them and had everything setup in the first place.

But if you took your car to another Tuner, and everything was done in-house, then you'd have no means of reapplying the Map yourself, so have to go with whatever they say (or charge) to get your Map reapplied.

My car went into SEAT recently for a DPF fault and a Sensor was replaced. They said while the car was in they might update the ECU firmware. Now with the car back they said they never updated the firmware as it was already running a "good" firmware update. But my car feels more sluggish since getting it back !! (all in the mind or?).

BlackMagicLeon

Jun 11, 2008
Hampshire
Have you checked with your tuner to see what they think?

The ECU will most likely consist of a program (ie. the operating system(ish)) and data. When SEAT flashed your ECU they probably overwrote both but the chances are that the remap just tweaks the data so could be reapplied with no affect on the ECU program - thus any SEAT changes to the program should be retained after the remap.

Just an (educated) guess though.. so check with the tuner to confirm it..