software upgrade wipped my remmap.........ouch!!!

lcrboy

Dec 31, 2007
scotland
hi all put my k1 in to seat for 10,000 miles service! on way home thought i had lost some boost, drove car again last night and defo something up!

phoned my mate at ves sport, said to him about this! he asked if it had been to seat for service recently? "yip sure has"

did they do a software upgrade he asked...."sure did" ouch its wipped your remmap and car is back to statdard!!!!!!! :(

even proved this by takin the file off the ECU and comparing it to a standard file, was the same!!

we warning for use guys........

lesinge2k

Feb 18, 2009
Uttoxeter
True..but the software update could bring benefits to the car when combined with the map.

but surely putting the map back on will wipe the benefits...

They would probably be performance reducing economy improvements as that is the way most car manufacturers seem to be concentrating these days...

'This new car gives 9g/mile CO2' Do I really care? I wanna know how much bhp it has!!!

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
its not economy they go for they are trying to reduce emmisions as much as possible, some re-maps can increase your mpg/economy over the standard software, the downside being you may have slightly higher emmisions.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
There are many reasons why SEAT send out updates to us for ECU software, most of the time its to fix odd glitches that crop up, altering limits of sensors etc if they have found re occuring faults, all part on on going developement, some markets encounter different issues.

Any warranty issues with engine running and the first thing i do after a fault sweep is checking the ECU is up to date, it is also coming into servicing now with more and more bulletins flagging up.

Catch 22 isnt it, do you tell the dealer the car is remapped so they dont update your engine ECU thus admitting you have modified the car if in warranty, dont think that part is an accident.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
There are many reasons why SEAT send out updates to us for ECU software, most of the time its to fix odd glitches that crop up, altering limits of sensors etc if they have found re occuring faults, all part on on going developement, some markets encounter different issues.

Any warranty issues with engine running and the first thing i do after a fault sweep is checking the ECU is up to date, it is also coming into servicing now with more and more bulletins flagging up.

Catch 22 isnt it, do you tell the dealer the car is remapped so they dont update your engine ECU thus admitting you have modified the car if in warranty, dont think that part is an accident.

The only solution is to have the ecu software upgraded by someone who will re-flash the modified software for free in that event, the likes of revo offer the service or you could become friendly with the dealer and ask them not to perform an update but as techie pointed out - that will raise alot of questions.

it not just a case of knocking it back to standard during the service so they dont notice!

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
Yeah I guess it could be switched back to standard if you have a device or visit revo. However, when switching back to the map, will it now run on the newer core ECU software build? I guess Revo may update their maps to suit the current ECU build

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
Yeah I guess it could be switched back to standard if you have a device or visit revo. However, when switching back to the map, will it now run on the newer core ECU software build? I guess Revo may update their maps to suit the current ECU build

The revo software will completely over-write the updated seat software.

lcrboy

Dec 31, 2007
scotland
yeah guys this is pretty much catch 22, seat have you by the balls.....

car feels utter gutless, compaired to before!:cry:

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
wow that is dodgy, i think it is possible to have you original map put back on the car if you go back to the company who installed it as they keep a record of the map on file and can just reflash it for you.

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
...to have the ecu software upgraded by someone who will re-flash the modified software for free in that event, the likes of revo offer the service...

wow that is dodgy, i think it is possible to have you original map put back on the car if you go back to the company who installed it as they keep a record of the map on file and can just reflash it for you.

exactly :yes:

densil

Feb 22, 2007
My FR is coming up to three years old and is almost due a service. Do you think there would be any benefit in updating to the latest map and then getting REVO to remap the new map? Just thinking that it may be a good thing having the latest map on there so as to prevent any future issues.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
You would have to ask Revo if they would write you a code based on that or use one they already have anyway.

densil

Feb 22, 2007
I'm pretty sure that they rewrite the original codes as soon as someone brings a vehicle in with a new one on. But would there be a point in doing so?

adam23

Jan 10, 2008
Am I right in thinking that if the car is switched back to stock using select plus switch, the remap will remain on the car or is wiped off completely and will need to be flashed again??

I'm due a service in a few days and do not want to lose my Revo stage 2+ map!!! But would I be able to have it flashed for free by a Revo dealer if it was to be wiped off???

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Flash it back to their original map yeah, thus undoing whatever corrective work the dealer has done.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.