Software version

jono_1uk

Nov 24, 2020
the infotainment has just said it needs an update . so it set if off and waited for bit but in the end i locked the car and came inside
does it carry on in background or wait till i am in the car again?
due to lockdown i wont be doing many miles .

DavidSTryk

Nov 4, 2020
the infotainment has just said it needs an update . so it set if off and waited for bit but in the end i locked the car and came inside
does it carry on in background or wait till i am in the car again?
due to lockdown i wont be doing many miles .

do you have the plug-in hybrid or the eHybrid/petrol version?

mackan73

Jan 23, 2021
Checked SW version in my eHybrid:
IMG_20210125_125347.jpg

Have noticed some issues:
- Keyless acces does not work. This is a known issue that will be fixed in a later version.
- Sometimes navigator and compass are not started in the Digital Cockpit.
- In the navigation settings, POI selection list are in german

Reactions: Tell

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
Checked SW version in my eHybrid:

Have noticed some issues:
- Keyless acces does not work. This is a known issue that will be fixed in a later version.
- Sometimes navigator and compass are not started in the Digital Cockpit.
- In the navigation settings, POI selection list are in german

I agree, keyless and foot swipe under rear bumper doesn’t work. Qi charger works sometimes, usually gets aborted after ~30 seconds. A variety of unmotivated warning signals coming and going, e.g the parking brake. CarPlay issues.

Tell

Staff member
Virtual pedal needs a knack if it's the same as pre 2020 models. Approach from behind (with key on person), foot under, step back since its looking for that as well. Even my cat can do it with me when getting the shopping in, causing the lid to come down.... running underneath the back of the car :unsure:. Metal loads in the back can cause it to trigger when you stand too close... a tip run of old satellite equipment resulted in the lid closing unexpectedly. 95% of the time works fine. It does need the foot in straight, not swish, and the step back. :).

Aug 1, 2021
Hello all,

i have a seat leon with an infotainment hardware H56, software version 1664. It is this the last software version? I don't have any notification of new software version and when i start the research it never find updates.

Thanks

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
1664 is a early software version, you will be notified when there is an update. The version number won't change.

There is a service campaign out with your dealer which can update to version 1672, which mine is on.

At the current time I believe the latest version is 1788. As far as I can tell there is no way to go from 16xx to 17xx

Deleted member 123864

1804 is the latest version I think, upgradable from 17xx but not 16xx

Reactions: Antera

HarryJ

Feb 27, 2021
I questioned the 16xx bug with my dealer, and they said its not meant to go up because it's different software they're updating. I don't think Seat will admit its a bug or try to fix it. Which is very annoying, especially if I ever try to sell the car privately and the buyer questions why its on old software.

Tell

Staff member
That's the one that East Yorkshire Retrofit retrofit say at sometime they may be able to help. I guess a lot of people will be looking at that. Currently SFD protected to the consumer. You probably need to twiddle with ODIS. Holy Grail of mib3 modding for the future.

Aug 1, 2021
Hello all, i went to my car dealer and said that i had problems with the mib3:
-smartphone not recognize
-mib3 reboot rundomly
-mib3 not connect automatically with smartphone
-others

tomorrow they will upgrade the mib3 and many other things (Virtual Cockpit, Radar, ... )

I let you know

Reactions: WMS_MK421

Tell

Staff member
This is but not ready for the dealers to install/download yet. I have alle the updates and waiting for this last one. Iff someone nows who will have it please let me now.
If it's like the mib2 trains there is a big deal to go from one series to another so that will be interesting as to whether any one gets off 17xx into 18xx. 16xx people seem to be stuck on theirs. We will find out.

Antera

If it's like the mib2 trains there is a big deal to go from one series to another so that will be interesting as to whether any one gets off 17xx into 18xx. 16xx people seem to be stuck on theirs. We will find out.
16XX kan go to 1682 NOT TO 17XX or 18XX
17XX en 18XX can go to 1803

Its in the TPI data

Last edited:

Antera

This is what i now what the issues are and will be fixed

For 16Xx:

Institutions:
• The air conditioning controls on the radio navigation system screen are not displayed
displayed.
• Only with system language Danish:
− The text “SmartClimate” in the air conditioning menu is missing.
Display:
• Sometimes the radio navigation system switches itself off and on again (reset).

The screen of the radio navigation system remains black after switching on.
• The text message is continuously displayed on the screen of the radio navigation system:
− “Loading settings” is displayed, this means that the radio navigation system can no longer be used
served.
and/or
− “Radio/media not available at this time”
• Sometimes the radio navigation system shortcuts do not work.
• The image from the rear view camera is too dark.
audio:
• Sometimes the sound from the radio navigation system does not work.
• Sometimes a second language can be heard during the spoken navigation.
Navigation:
• The navigation database will be cleared automatically.
• Sometimes the navigation map is not displayed on the AID (Active Info display).
• When entering destinations via voice control, the navigation destination is not found/incorrect
recognized.
• The spoken display of the navigation is (sometimes) not intelligible.
• The navigation voice output is given in a language other than the one selected (country-specific).
• When entering the destination via voice command, the radio navigation system performs a reset automatically.
We Connect (online services):
• Sometimes the online search function “Alexa” does not work.
• If Apple Carplay is started via Bluetooth, the screen of the display and control element turns black.
• Creating a master user is not possible.
Driver assistance systems:
• After engaging reverse gear, the rear view camera image does not appear on the
screen of the display and operating element (screen remains black).
• The OPS (Optical Parking System):
− sometimes doesn't work.
− is optically shifted.
• Sometimes the tire pressure monitoring system button works on the display and
control element is not.

FOR 17XX:

Institutions:
• The mood lighting cannot be set in the menu of the radio navigation system.
Display:
• The displays in the Car menu are not correct.
audio:
• The sound settings of the radio navigation system are not saved.
• The audio playback via Bluetooth is interrupted every time.
• The length of the music title being played in media playback is not displayed correctly.

Navigation:
• The vehicle position in the radio navigation system is not displayed correctly.
We Connect (online services):
• Creating a master user is not possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: whocarez and Tell
Aug 1, 2021
Hello all,

i have a seat leon with an infotainment hardware H56, software version 1664. It is this the last software version? I don't have any notification of new software version and when i start the research it never find updates.

Thanks
So software update to the version 1672. Some improvements but the compatibility with my smartphone is not perfect and the voice command are unusable, when you say an address 99% is wrong (IT language).... Vote 1 of 5 for the infotainment and the app to Seat

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.