Software version

Tell

Staff member
The question is whether Seat are going to do that free if they deem there was a fault or whether you enter the world of the retrofitters... I see the text was frightening off people from home brew software engineers as not being skilled enough.

The boards retrofit sponsors have talked about providing a service for this in the past. It will be the holly grail for the Mib collective one expects in the future for those who retain the car long term or buy one second hand who want to get it up to scratch much like mib2. In the meantime suspect you have to pay to get it up to scratch.

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
Today some small update on Software version popped up.
IMG_20210930_085506.jpg

My previous version was 1.53.5-v10-154 lets see what will be after upgrade

Reactions: ypkdani and Tell

KoNG

Jul 27, 2016
Canning Town
I just confirmed new update and after while driving to work the software were updated. I just have to delete the user and set up again as i couldn't log in

RoadXY

Feb 28, 2021
Firmware update for software 17xx en 18xx is available.

Some claimed to have had the call from their dealer:

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Does anyone in the UK have a software version above 1672 which their dealer has installed on their car? Ours is a Nov 2020 Leon FR 150 and, at the moment, the dealer is saying we're running on the latest version. Our Hardware is showing as H56 (see photo) in case there is later hardware in newer cars.
If anyone does have a later version, a photo would be excellent (along with details of which Leon model you have) since I can then show this to the dealer.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9012.jpg
    IMG_9012.jpg
    397.7 KB · Views: 194

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Not sure if this is relevant as my FR 130 arrived in April 2021 and has the same hardware version but came with 1790 software.

The car went in for a warranty repair last month, to solve the climate control reversal, but the software updates also improved the lane assist - it didn't seem to change the infotainment system software version though.

It looks like yours has an issue with the display unit versions that mine doesn't.

Attachments

• IMG_20220201_111412.jpg
    IMG_20220201_111412.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 202

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
Not sure if this is relevant as my FR 130 arrived in April 2021 and has the same hardware version but came with 1790 software.

The car went in for a warranty repair last month, to solve the climate control reversal, but the software updates also improved the lane assist - it didn't seem to change the infotainment system software version though.

It looks like yours has an issue with the display unit versions that mine doesn't.
Your photo is really helpful - thank you. What is interesting is that your "part number" at the top of the version list has the suffix "D" at the end of it whereas ours does not. I'm wondering what that means in practical terms. Our cars were probably built a few months apart but I would be surprised if there were four separate versions of the underpinning hardware in between their respective production dates.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.