Software version

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
As longest you're in line with manufacturer VIN number in TPI you should get the update
If i get it right: if i am in between numbers
VSS ZZZ KL Z LR (000334 to 014785)
Then i can get a nee update right? If so then i will get happier :D maybe finally a larger apple carplay screen :D

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
I was prompted to do a software update in the car this morning, Release notes were basically useless "minor bugs fixed" or something like that. Anyone else get it and notice any changes?

Mar 21, 2022
I was prompted to do a software update in the car this morning, Release notes were basically useless "minor bugs fixed" or something like that. Anyone else get it and notice any changes?
It was only an update for store,
updates you can do yourself are only very small updates, and big updates (v1896 etc) are only done by manufacturer

Reactions: stevemc81

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
So.... finally, we got our upgrade to 1896 (from 1672). Hopefully, this will address some of the issues we've been having (time will tell). One unexpected (and frustrating) side-effect of the upgrade we've already seen is that it appears to have wiped out all of the Sat Nav map upgrades we'd received during the first free year of over the air updates. We've now gone from version 21.9 (Sep '21) to 19.7 (July 2019). Not happy.

Reactions: whocarez
Apr 17, 2022
So.... finally, we got our upgrade to 1896 (from 1672). Hopefully, this will address some of the issues we've been having (time will tell). One unexpected (and frustrating) side-effect of the upgrade we've already seen is that it appears to have wiped out all of the Sat Nav map upgrades we'd received during the first free year of over the air updates. We've now gone from version 21.9 (Sep '21) to 19.7 (July 2019). Not happy.
Since you got the 1896 update, do you now have the full-screen Apple CarPlay?
Its the only reason I'm waiting for this update

Antera

Last week i sended my Leon to the dealer for the update to 1896. I mentioned the TPI number to them because they didnt now that there was one and couldnt find it for themselves.

Now they broke the software. It cant drive any more. They tryed to update to 1896 and all the other modules wich need also the updates but got stuck on airbag module. There was a error that it already have one crash memory in it and because off that it was stuck on the update.

They have to replace the airbag module first to update the rest but untill then i dont have the car because they said it wont run.

Module is backorder have to wait 2 weeks they hope.

I found more issues with this update on various cars and al with the same problem.

So be aware

adrian001

Apr 19, 2016
Mine has done the same thing and has to have the airbag module replaced. However mine went in for the 90t4 update but I don't know exactly what that is but is seems to be a service pack of some kind to do with the battery.

Reactions: Antera

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Mine has done the same thing and has to have the airbag module replaced. However mine went in for the 90t4 update but I don't know exactly what that is but is seems to be a service pack of some kind to do with the battery.
Mine went in for both 1896 and the 90t4 is an update to the engine software and the 48v battery system it’s to fix errors and make the charge more efficient.
I was lucky as apart from the maps disappearing which they got them back it went ok.

DanMn

Nov 26, 2020
Took mine in due to the constant emergency call error messages and various others, seemingly worse since the last over the air update. Airbag module awaiting replacement before I can get it back.

adrian001

Apr 19, 2016
Well got mine back from the dealer and have now got 1668 i was on 1672. They also needed to replace the airbag, sos and the infotainment module during the process. Not happy with the out come. Also broken is seat connect and the store. I have asked them to raise a technical ticket as to why its gone backwards and as to why its not been updated to 1896.

DeinsB

Dec 6, 2021
Latvia
I have the Leon back after 5 days and saw a history in the car that they need 24 hour to update all :)

Now all arrors are fixed and got also wireless full-link now and all grafics are better and faster
I have also got mine car updated. I informed mu dealer that in this forum there are threads about an update for cars who are stucked on 1672. They read the threads i sent and they contacted manufacturer. So now i do have a 1896 soft and i am really happy with outcome all is more logical, faster and all features are wotking with apple carplay.

stevemc81

Oct 25, 2013
Did a decent sized drive at the weekend on dual carriageway and never once saw a weird speed limit displayed or had an issue overtaking while using ACC.

All they need to do now is fix that annoying visual bug on CarPlay's now playing screen and I'll be a very happy bunny.

Oh, and if they can find a way in software to stop my kids winding each other up in the back...

May 17, 2022
When are we able to purchase the option Full Link via the store?

Also a bug in the view on the Radio Favorites. There is a cross that doesnt do anything.

Reactions: whocarez

RoadXY

Feb 28, 2021
A (Dutch) dealer told me november 2021...

So: they don't know and it seems like Seat also doesn't know.
I'm in the same boat as you are however mine was sold as it had the Full Link enabled but they weren't able to activate it. At that time the dealer figured out it wasn't bought with the Full Link option.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.