Software version

Deleted member 123864

16xx can not be updated at present, only the 17xx versions.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Your photo is really helpful - thank you. What is interesting is that your "part number" at the top of the version list has the suffix "D" at the end of it whereas ours does not. I'm wondering what that means in practical terms. Our cars were probably built a few months apart but I would be surprised if there were four separate versions of the underpinning hardware in between their respective production dates.
The D suffix means Android Auto works wirelessly, but other than that I have no idea.

Shaun123

Sep 5, 2020
Mine was in the dealer yesterday and I said the 1890 update was out and they didn’t say anything like it wasn’t and checked when I got out and updated it from 1790 to 1803 and when questioned they said no that’s the newest, gave them the tpi number and told me it’s probably a vw one that’s out. Well there has been 1803, 1804, 1810 then 1890 and I’ve heard yesterday 1896 is out. Seems some have more helpful dealers then others. 🤷🏻‍♂️
big shout out to East Yorkshire retrofits as been really helpful and can’t recommend them enough to help out. Just wish my dealer was as helpful. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Tell

Staff member
Your photo is really helpful - thank you. What is interesting is that your "part number" at the top of the version list has the suffix "D" at the end of it whereas ours does not. I'm wondering what that means in practical terms. Our cars were probably built a few months apart but I would be surprised if there were four separate versions of the underpinning hardware in between their respective production dates.
On the MIB2 high they clonk up the hardware part number inline with the firmware.... so a firmware update does it. It really means the box is shown as a combined entity of hardware and firmware after the update. Least that's what I reckon. So when people get the updates they will notice that on Mib3, same as Mib2 high your device number goes up a letter. The letter is related to the firmware it's on. It's just box filling by the firmware.

RoadXY

Feb 28, 2021
Yup, there is an topic on the german Skoda forum on which people have had their last character changed after an firmware update.

dan555

Sep 29, 2020
Do you have any background on why that is the case? Is it a hardware difference behind the scenes?
By the sounds of the elusive 1810 update new FeCs were added in 17xx for navigation. But my understanding is there was no major change in hardware but I don't know for sure

Philk

Nov 19, 2020
We went back to our dealer querying the differing software versions out there. They provided some useful info:

"The factory has been working on an improved software update to address the above complaints on model year 2021 (MY21) and MY22 SEAT and CUPRA Leon and CUPRA Formentors with specific PR codes (listed within the TPI). This TPI does NOT apply to vehicles built before WK48/2020, with (SW) Software levels 16xx. A communication is expected around week 13."

As such, if you have a Leon built before Week 48 in 2020 (which ours was) then you are currently stuck at version 1672. This is not good news. As per the update above, they hope to have some more news shortly but that does not necessarily mean there will be a software upgrade.

Reactions: whocarez

xRRx

May 30, 2021
In 1896 the voice command activated with 1 hola.
good job seat 😆
in Greece it is activated with the word opa or Brizola (steak) 🤯

Deleted member 133570

Mine is in for the common issues today and they called to say they need to keep the car overnight for a 16Gb software update. Im currently on 1780 so will see what they upgrade to tmw and hopefully fix some of the issues. They did pre warn me it wont fix all the common faults and they are still waiting for a permanent fix.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
Don't get your hopes up, mine had the 'big' update recently (although it only took two hours so I think your dealer is taking the p*** by keeping it over night) and the biggest change I saw was the lane assist not being such a **** and climate control improvements.

Deleted member 133570

Its now updated to 1896. Good news its fixed the issues of not remembering the backlight settings whenever car switched off/on.
So far no speaker popping noise when driving the known routes where it typically will happen, although im not totally convinced yet until i’ve driven more than the 20miles today.
Car was left with them as they were repairing a alloy wheel which they damaged.
Some of the menus looks different, just need to play with it more and drive around hoping my issues are resolved.
They did say not all issues are permanent fix on this software and they are aware and waiting for permanent fix from VW group.

Apr 23, 2021
How i can update my car i haven't connexion and impossibl to conect with my phone so if any one can help me with the update please

adrian001

Apr 19, 2016
TPI 2066692/1 came out for the 16XX update to 1896. Thanks to East Yorkshire Retrofits for letting me know.

Mar 21, 2022
Edit :
Only for chassis number :
LEON (KL)
VSS ZZZ KL Z LR 000334 à
VSS ZZZ KL Z LR 014785

FORMENTOR (KM)
VSS ZZZ KM Z MR 000226 à
VSS ZZZ KM Z MR 007184

I have a Leon MR and not LR.... :(