[SOLVED] Connecting Spotify to your Leon

Sep 21, 2014
I've had an on an off problem with connecting my phone to my car. I've got a Samsung Galaxy S6 and it connects via bluetooth absolutely fine. However it's great that it connects automatically, but useless if it doesn't play anything!

I use Spotify and to make Spotify open and play, I had to physically unlock my phone and open it and press play (not great when in a rush!). For some reason it wouldn't open and play on it's own.

I then found an app that would open it and play from where it last left off.. great! It didn't show any metadata though as Spotify would run through this app. Then the app updated, and it no longer worked.

So I went through a few months of trying to remember to open spotify before I got in the car (top tip: unlocking using a fingerprint isn't easy when multitasking... ;) ).

Then I discovered THIS: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jwsoft.nfcactionlauncher&hl=en_GB

Basically, you just set up a trigger - when the devices connects to the car via bluetooth, this app opens Spotify and plays it from Spotify. Result? I get metadata AND it plays without me even having to pull the phone out of my pocket. WIN!

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else had the same problem.

tl;dr: Use this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jwsoft.nfcactionlauncher&hl=en_GB

P.S. I am not affiliated with that app, just happy that it solved this problem :funk:

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
I have been using trigger for over a year on leon and a bmw with the same phone sgs3.

It's an excellent app and with a bit of logic, switches the phone from wifi to Bluetooth to silent to loud to bright etc depending on location.

I used to use a rfid device to make the switch but find that it works flawlessly using different wifi signals. Yes it really is that clever.
My only shame is that as it's invisible once set up, I forgot to mention it here, so kudos to 123456

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise