Some upgrade advice

ib04tom

Sep 6, 2009
Manchester
So after getting my car back from the body shop after some clown went into the side of my the second day i had it im ready to spend some cash.

I.C.E
I have a nice alpine HU on the way but im looking for some door and rear speakers what do people recommend , the tweaters sound ok to me is it worth upgrading them . Budget for both is about 120

Power mods
The car came with some chav back box which i want to get rid of asap the car is a 1.8t 20v FR what sort of exhausts are good for these probs looking to spend about 400 ish for a nice system.

Re-maps i live in manchester where have people been going for there remaps i dont mind driving abit to get a good one, is it worth getting my exhaust and air filter bits done before i go for a remap.

Other engine bits are there any other good none major work mods to help power or general driving fun.

Handling

Im not a massive fan of how the ibiza rides seems abit harsh while still having a fair bit of roll in the bends i dont want to go all out with a set of coilovers but what kits are out there, i would like gas shocks as a few friends have them and i have been v impressed with the ride of there cars.

If there are any other mods which people think are a must please let me know and HELLO to SeatCupra.net its nice to get away from all that french crap.

PS spotted this gearknob and im sure ive seen it on readers rides is this a straight fit for a mk4
hxxp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-seat-ibiza-5-speed-gear-knob-2008-onwards_W0QQitemZ290375967168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439bc1a1c0

Last edited:

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
Welcome to the forum mate. :wave: I too have a Ibiza FR 20vt. Have a look at my readers ride thread for some ideas of mods.... ;)

Exhaust: for £400 you can get a Milltek catback or a custom made jobbie...

Remap: I would recommend P-Torque near Wolverhampton. I just got a Stage 1 remap done there and its awesome... ran 229bhp on the rollers (but it was -2 degrees!)

Have a look in the Mk4 Ibiza FAQ section (frequently asked questions) for loads of info on suspension and other mods. I'm running standard shocks with Eibach springs!

Good luck and welcome to the forum (aka the money spender...) :cartman:

ib04tom

Sep 6, 2009
Manchester
Yeah seen a few of these exhausts are they ok for price , have people been happy with them and thanks for the welcome.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
First of all if i were you i think id forget the exhaust for now and get some coilovers as i think these cars as standard have a pretty shocking ride to say how bad they handle. Id also get some 20mm rear spcaers, these make the car look more stanced and aggressive + help keep the back end planted.

Imo the standard speakers are also pretty good and not worth upgrading unless your going to amplify them. with this 120 quid id probably spend it on a whiteline rear anti roll bar and leave the speakers standard with the better headunit you have got. And keep a look out for the seat sport strut braces, they usually come up for sale for about 30 quid.

Then id get an air filter/ turboback exhaust sorted then have it mapped. Not too sure what your into though or how far you are wanting to go with the car? Just my 2p, not been bossy or owt haha

ib04tom

Sep 6, 2009
Manchester
Ive been sort of lucky and got a few grand when my grandad died ive put a fair chunk of it away and going to spend about 2k on car in total. So i shoudnt have to wait to get stuff done really the main reason i want the exhaust is some chav put a 4" slash cut backbox on and it makes me cry atm.

May 6, 2009
Northallerton, N yorks
Sorry to hear about your grandad matey.

For 2k you could easily get all i mentioned above done and have change :)

Coilies i paid 400 weitec ones
spacers 50
rear anti roll bar was 136
Front strut brace was 30
Custom code phase 1 map was about 350 i think

then ontop of that youd need about 700 for a milltek turboback with sports cat and about 50 quid for a jetex open cone filter. Then you have plenty left for the speakers and what not too.

That exhaust would make me cry too :p plans sound spot on though!

ib04tom

Sep 6, 2009
Manchester
thanks for all the advice in the advert hes selling the FARB too is it worth getting this too or abit overkill ?.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Loads of stuff in my thread for you to look at mate, for both power and handling ;)

Link in sig below.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise