Something for you diesel drivers....

Sep 2, 2010
Leeds
Well a picture says a thousand words so here it is....

th_IMG_0208.jpg

It's not a fake photo or a joke, I genuinly managed to acheive 52.6mpg in my Cupra tonight :confused: It doesn't have a stage 1 map to aid consumption or anything, I was just driving along, looked at the mpg and there it was. I must admit this is the first time I have got this and is a one off, as my best mpg before this was only 45.1

Just thought I'd share :D

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
WOW! I was tempted to swap to a Cupra as a town runabout but then I though the MPG will probably not be that great afterall - but as it could reach those figures maybe it could be better.

If your hooning it round town (not literally but in and out of traffic ona 10mile trip) what do you get then?

Sep 2, 2010
Leeds
I am just as shocked as you are lol!

I usually get low 30's town driving or if traffic is really bad it can creep into high 20's, which isn't great really but then it is possible to get them in the 50's.

Dec 3, 2009
yeah i got 50mpg before but that was cause i was driving so slow and having the revs at just 2,000rpm

jc_boc

Missing the CUPRA R!
Jul 18, 2008
Desborough
Very impressive mate! I struggle to get good mpg but I don't muck abot in the car either hehehehehhee. Town driving mostly and as you can see, avg high 20's. Got her up to 43mpg the other day though on a nice country drive.

craigmk6

Mar 6, 2010
leeds
ive been moaning about my 1.6tdi sport and at the moment since friday i have got 46mpg average and thats not bad for my car lol

gaffer1986

I've had 72mpg a few times from my 1.6 TDI CR on a steady 20 mile run. My learner pupils get anywhere from 43 - 55 mpg depending on the type of lesson. (more often about 45mpg)

Even if I drive it hard I seem to get 50 mpg out of it so very I'm pleased with my economy especially as most my driving is Urban stop start.

Sep 2, 2010
Leeds
Maybe not enough to worry you diesel driver's but I thought it could be close :p Still haven't managed to get single figures yet :)

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
I got single figures...... on my instant consumption lol. usually pushing 6o over a tank. highest about 70 on a 30 mile run.

Nov 23, 2010
Dunfermline, Fife
Maybe not enough to worry you diesel driver's but I thought it could be close :p Still haven't managed to get single figures yet :)

Have you just had it serviced or something, i'm thinking some newish ECU update?

I'm usually arounf the mid 30's but have seen it 44 ish on a A road about 40 - 50 mph

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
60??? Im impressed mate you win hands down hehe. Now thats enough to scare a few dervs thats for sure :)

I would be more impressed if they were trip 2 figures rather than trip 1 figures.

In the Mk 4 you could get the trip 1 showing over 150mpg if you reset it whilst coasting - haha

lefkon

Feb 7, 2011
In my fr the lowest i had was 6.2 L per 100 km in trip 2 with full tank and about 150km after refuel... I dont know how much mpg this is but i bet its low... Hehehe...