Sony Walkman MP3 connection

Ronseal

Guys, sorry to be a pain, but ive been searching on here for the last 11/2 hours & googling connects2 and all the other suggestions, but I can't sus out what connection I need to play my walkman mp3 player. I have the cd changer in the glove box, any help would be appreciated,
Thanks

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
www.gardensandhouses.co.uk
Have you got a cassette palyer in the headset? If so, you could get a cassette adaptor. I have one for my MP3 player and Mini Disc. I took the radio out and the top plate and ran the cable from the cassette out the back of the unit and ran it through the trim and into the cubby hole under the light switch. No visable cables and quick, easy and cheap fit.

Ronseal

What a good idea, I have a cassette HU and somewhere with my old minidisk I have a cassette adaptor. I didn't consider using it (got to find it first!) as I don't want cables trailing down the dash. I've never used the cassette so leaving it in all the time wouldn't be a problem.
Ive not taken the HU out yet, so is the top plate removal & routing of the wire easy enough? I may look to see if I can't get it to the ashtray area also.
Thanks !

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
The HU unit comes out with a set of keys (you can pick them up on ebay for a few quid). For memory, the top plate is held in place in four places (will be obvious when have the HU out). Just level the plate off with a flat head screwdriver. I managed to feed the cable out the back corner. The gap is a little smaller than the cable, but doesn't affect anything. The cable is easy to feed through to almost anywhere, although can be a bit of a fiddle.

olliep

Wants a mk2 GTI
Oct 3, 2005
Winchester
i did this with my mk3 ibiza. tis a very good fix if you can put up with the constant clickety click whenever you strt/stop the car an so on... i just fed the wire out the side of the hu and ran it up to the ipod with was in a vent mounted cradle.

wardy2602

Apr 22, 2006
Stoke-On-Trent
Ive got a connects 2 unit for sale if you are interested £20 it has the aux in you in and connects to the cable in the back of your cd changer, if you want to still play cds i have a seat aura cd head unit going too.
cheers
Craig

black04ctdi

How did you guys that did this feed the wire up through the vents? And which vents - the ones facing or the one for the windscreen? I'm thinking that the windscreen one will be better, but can't see how to thread it through to there..

Thev5

Keeping it unreal
Nov 19, 2004
I have my output in the cubby hole by the drivers right knee. I would think if you were going to get wired through the windscreen vent, you'd have to take the central vent out to make things easier. But saying this, I would highly suspect you would have to drill into the vent channel as I guess its sealed. Could be wrong though.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.