SOS flap won’t close

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
So yesterday the flap that hides the SOS button has randomly opened without me even touching it and now it refuses to close.
No matter how many times I tried, it won’t stay closed, it just opens immediately after it clicks when pushed in.
Has anyone experienced this and found a way to fix it without having to go through the inconvenience of contacting the dealership?
(Attaching picture below)
IMG_3040.jpeg

Karbonfaiba

Jul 9, 2023
Hampshire, UK
Just out of interest, I took a look at mine and it looks like my retention clip a little wider than yours - although it might be the angle of the image, if you measure the width (in millimeters) I could confirm.

chris_louk

May 13, 2022
Just out of interest, I took a look at mine and it looks like my retention clip a little wider than yours - although it might be the angle of the image, if you measure the width (in millimeters) I could confirm.
I think it’s the angle. But I tried adding blu-tac to give the clip some extra volume, but still no use. It won’t “click” and stay closed.

I am thinking whether to tell the dealership or not, cause I don’t know if it’s an easy fix or if they will have to change the entire SOS module, which sounds troublesome and maybe not worth the risk/effort.