Sound Aktuator / Fake Noise Cupra Mk3

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
I have a 70 plate Cupra 290 Hatchback and I want to turn off the fake engine noise. I saw a video online on mk7 Golf R and how to unplug the sound aktuator but it seems to lot less room to get into where it’s located does anyone know if I can pull a fuse to turn it off or how to unplug it?

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Mine was easy to unplug. However Carista is best. You prob know about that from on here. Just a couple of prods. DONE

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
Yeah I’ve heard about Christa, I might go down that route but I’ve taken the 3 clips off but I can’t pull up the plastic enough to get my hand in and actually grab hold of anything

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Very oddly after I mentioned it my seat Garage did it for me. Wow they do not do things like that normally. I think they took the wiper arms off now come to think of it. So yes best get crista.

No charge either.

Reactions: George Vinten

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Yeah I’ve heard about Christa, I might go down that route but I’ve taken the 3 clips off but I can’t pull up the plastic enough to get my hand in and actually grab hold of anything

Just buy Carista. It does other clever stuff as well.

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
Yeah the seat garages usually won’t do anything like that, but yeah I’ll definitely get carista!
Very oddly after I mentioned it my seat Garage did it for me. Wow they do not do things like that normally. I think they took the wiper arms off now come to think of it. So yes best get crista.

No charge either.

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
Just buy Carista. It does other clever stuff as well.

How easy is Carista to use? I don’t want to get into advanced programming and I want to easily reset the Soundaktor before I sell it!

FOX1429

Aug 6, 2012
Wales
How easy is Carista to use? I don’t want to get into advanced programming and I want to easily reset the Soundaktor before I sell it!

Really easy. I’ve never done any ‘modding’ before and am not great with tech but I’ve got carista and it’s really easy to use with clear menu’s and options - you get free month of full access in the initial £24 but I’m Tinkering all the time now so paid for the year subscription for £30 ish I think so £50 all in roughly.

Sound actuator can be turned back on anytime within the month or with a weeks/months/yearly subscription afterwards.

I’ve turned the actuator off
Enabled beep when locking/unlocking
Set indicators to 4 flashes
Tried the direct throttle response as opposed to gradual (standard setting)

Mikertroid

May 31, 2019
Really easy. I’ve never done any ‘modding’ before and am not great with tech but I’ve got carista and it’s really easy to use with clear menu’s and options - you get free month of full access in the initial £24 but I’m Tinkering all the time now so paid for the year subscription for £30 ish I think so £50 all in roughly.

Sound actuator can be turned back on anytime within the month or with a weeks/months/yearly subscription afterwards.

I’ve turned the actuator off
Enabled beep when locking/unlocking
Set indicators to 4 flashes
Tried the direct throttle response as opposed to gradual (standard setting)
Cheers!

CupraRobX

Jun 29, 2006
Surrey
Don't unplug it as it effects the pop/crackle on overrun after a short amount of time driving. I know it sounds crazy but it does. After 3-5mins of being in Sport/Cupra all the drama stops until you re-press and select Sport/Cupra again, at which point you'll lose it again after 3-5mins!

Tonezz

Jan 12, 2011
Preston
Just order a Carista on Amazon, use it then send it back. :happy:

(I've not actually done this but I've used things for 2 months and boxed them back up and returned them, they don't seem to care.)

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Don't unplug it as it effects the pop/crackle on overrun after a short amount of time driving. I know it sounds crazy but it does. After 3-5mins of being in Sport/Cupra all the drama stops until you re-press and select Sport/Cupra again, at which point you'll lose it again after 3-5mins!
That's interesting. I reported on this before.
That is BEFORE I pulled the plug.
The OP's on the thread could not work out why loads of guys were getting this.

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
That's interesting. I reported on this before.
That is BEFORE I pulled the plug.
The OP's on the thread could not work out why loads of guys were getting this.
that’s interesting to know, I have realised it’s doing exactly that now I’ve unplugged it? so I guess I’ll plug it back in

Polly

Jan 16, 2019
Wow that means if you report that back I will have to try and reconnect mine to cross check.
I was sure of my time line.
It was a strange issue as in CUPRA mode it did pop and bang and fart all the time. If I hit rev limiter it rasped too. In individual with EVERTHING set for CUPRA except suspension I get this lack of everything after 3 - 5 lots of above. [not minutes] a punch of the CUPRA button on and off restores it again for some time.

George Vinten

BlueCupra290
May 7, 2020
Kent
Wow that means if you report that back I will have to try and reconnect mine to cross check.
I was sure of my time line.
It was a strange issue as in CUPRA mode it did pop and bang and fart all the time. If I hit rev limiter it rasped too. In individual with EVERTHING set for CUPRA except suspension I get this lack of everything after 3 - 5 lots of above. [not minutes] a punch of the CUPRA button on and off restores it again for some time.
Yep, I’m definitely gonna have to reconnect it, carista it is?

Deleted member 123864

I’ve mine unplugged for months and this does not happen.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members