Space Saver Wheel

Tell

Staff member
Not that, got it turned off at dealer the day the car was collected.
The receiver bit of it is still running even if you got the car side turned off. They would have to reprogramme the remote which they wouldn't have done. It either works via an induction loop like the old Dartford Tunnel readers or the remote listening for the car. Dont reckon its the induction loop else the car would be sending that out all the time.... It is

The car is probably not as turned off as you think. Actions are but not the process.

Page 8

Reckon the key would be pushing out the response if they haven't turned off the RFID. You'd have to kill the LF signal to the car, they probably didnt do that just toggled VCDS to hamper it. The remote would still be responding with HF... it wouldnt just do anything. My theory if it's still running down but "turned off".

They probably used this setting which appears popular... The boot stays active thou which means it isn't turned off. Just the chain command.

Does the boot still open ?. If so they did that mod. On the B7 module there is no mention of boot why people find the boot still opens on the Kessy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seastormer

CosmicBlue

Enjoying retirement
Nov 25, 2023
Warwick, UK
Kit came today, fits perfectly.

I have a question though - the 18" space saver is 25" in diameter and the road wheel and tyre of the Cupra are 26" in diameter - is that the way it has to be or do I need a larger space saver wheel (there is room for it)?

Tell

Staff member
Kit came today, fits perfectly.

I have a question though - the 18" space saver is 25" in diameter and the road wheel and tyre of the Cupra are 26" in diameter - is that the way it has to be or do I need a larger space saver wheel (there is room for it)?
That's how it has to be my factory fitted one was

PG6 VWGROUP 18-inch spare wheel as temporary-use spare tire, tool kit, jack

With 19" wheels (that's mine on the build codes). So you got the 18" when you were a size above. It's what they were selling people when they just bundled in the boot as an extra. It was the Leon skinny spare being offered by Seat dealers.

You'll find the PG6 in this Cupra PDF

There in the brochure.

Reactions: CosmicBlue
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.