Service is due. If you no longer have a warranty on the car I'd not bother taking it to a main dealer and would take it to a fast fit centre (kwik fit etc.).
Service is due. If you no longer have a warranty on the car I'd not bother taking it to a main dealer and would take it to a fast fit centre (kwik fit etc.).
Take if to a good local independent garage, a service shouldnt cost more than £100, a mobile mechanic may do this cheaper as most aren't VAT registered so you only pay VAT on parts, not on labour.
I'd let them fit a tyre, and only then if I really had to, And I'd still check it, and the wheel bolts afterwards. The only kwik fit I trust is the guy based at my dad's work as an on-site tyre fitter. Even then only because I know him!
Just go to an independant VAG specialist if you want a proper service. If you want a crap service with probably the wrong oil, by some clown who to be honest is out done by most work experiance placments at a decent garage then go to quickfit/highQ etc.
Just order the service parts from Seat, VW or the likes, we have VeeW Bristol here, or along them likes,
Air filter
Oil filter
Oil
Spark plugs
Sump plug
Then pop to halfords and get a diy socket set and your away!
Failing that eurocar parts, pop your reg in and it will bring you up the parts for under half the price, ebay is cheap for oem parts as well, then just rest your service light
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.