Spare Wheel

Micknal

Mar 15, 2015
I would like to get a spare wheel for our Mango as all it that came with the car is a bottle of gunk!! It is fitted with 15 inch ania alloys and I would like to find out what size steel rim I would need and or what size tyre to be compatible with the fitted tyres/wheels. Having read through some VW UP threads on another forum a lot of people are using VW Polo space savers !!
If anyone on this forum has had to go through this process I would love to hear how you sourced a spare together with Rim and Tyre sizes.
Many thanks
Micknal

Champagnerocker

Dec 9, 2012
The car i bought didn't have a spare wheel, so i asked the dealer i bought it off to get one for me. I can't tell you anything specific about sizes, he worried about all that for me.

Getting the wheel wasn't a problem at all it just took a few days and cost me £100. I was a little bit miffed at the price when selecting a spare wheel as an option on a new car only adds £50 to the overall cost. I can't remember the yarn he spun me to justify the price, but i remember he wasn't going to budge on it and it was the one thing i wanted added to my car.

Micknal

Mar 15, 2015
To answer my own question, after a bit of research on the VW UP forum I have sourced a 14" steel rim together with a budget tyre for £49.95.
Steel rim part Number 5J X 14 ISO 601027G03C
Tyre size 175/65 x 14

Just need a Jack now!!

Micknal

Mar 15, 2015
Have managed to source an original Seat/VW/Skoda wheel jack from a firm called Germancarsparesonline for £24.99.

emmagloor

Mar 31, 2016
Albany,New York,USA
Mango have `space saving` spare wheels. this allows for more room in the boot
Not alot you can do apart from lay your alloy loose in the boot or keep the spare alloy at home and if you have a puncture use the space saver then change the wheel when you get home..

aliceta

Jan 22, 2018
I've heard a lot about Mango having spare space-saving wheels, but I have not read the detailed sharing of that.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.