Spark Plug & Coilpack Fitting Guide?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I am looking to find some sort of picture guide on how to fit new spark plugs and change over a couple of coilpacks

I don't know if this has been asked before, if it has then i can't find anything on it before i get asked to do a search! I also am aware it's pretty easy to fit them but it's the first time i have done something like this on my own and i want to make sure it is done properly

If you can help it is much appreciated

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
ok very easy sorry no pics though

remove the 3 securing bolts holding down the n249 and n112 systems and move it out of the way.

the securing clips on the coil packs can be a pita, i managed to snap one clip cos i was being lazy while wedging the plug off with a flat tip screw driver in the dark. so be careful you dont break em yourself.

the stock coil packs then just pop in an out so give it a pull and it'll pop out. then you require a socket set, cant remember the correct size for plugs sorry, but most sockets sets usually seem to have a particular socket different to the others and this is usually the one you need.

the plugs are a fair bit down through the head so probably need to use an extension bar.

when refitting the plugs try not to drop anything down into the engine cos it can be quite easy to do. you sort of get a feeling how tight you have to do the plugs up but dont over tighten them. once you start to feel its getting tight, usually half a turn is enough.

ohyeah...dont do it when the engine is still warm ;) and you'll be fine

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
ohyeah forgot to add if you are changing the plugs then you'll be wanting to do all 4, which means you'll need to undo the charge pipe that goes over the engine DOH!

just undo the metal clamp that holds it in place (2 bolts) and then just push it aside to pull the coil pack out. should be ok with the plug then

do it when its cold but in plenty of light. as long as you have the correct plugs for the car you shouldnt need to adjust the plugs so they can drop straight in.

goodluck with it

its a real easy job but just as satisfying as building a car from scratch to some people

gavthelad

Bring on the Boooooost
Nov 19, 2005
Redditch (Midlands)
i was a bit lazy changing my plugs at night time, managed to snap a t-piece from my vac hoses......needless to say i didnt have a spare t-piece and had to wait until the following day to get one....which was nice

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
i was a bit lazy changing my plugs at night time, managed to snap a t-piece from my vac hoses......needless to say i didnt have a spare t-piece and had to wait until the following day to get one....which was nice

I definately cant be snapping anything! Spend enough money on the thing as it is