Speaker amplifier location

Dijon92

Oct 15, 2021
Hey all,
I drive the seat leon ehybrid from late 2020 and I am looking for the location of the amplifier from the speakers or a location where I can tap the left and right rear speaker from (radio?)
Does anyone know where this is located and how I can access?

Thanks

Tell

Staff member
Well I reckon the Mib3 is behind the blanking plate that you see in the glove box unless they have miniaturised it and have it somewhere where else. How to get into it pass. You need to look at the Erwin manuals if they have now been published online for the Leon 4. Cough up for the hourly charge and download the PDFs. You might find an SSP which also throws light on the matter.

Nowadays they don't use crossovers as signal as a physical item, it's electronic. So each speaker gets fed with it's own cable to render those frequencies. You have to bear that in mind. There is an Arona thread that covers that for the Mib2. The person there wanted the full range of frequency response so they used the rear speakers in the Arona - presume no tweeter in the back. I know in the Ateca you wouldn't be able to do that from the PDF. You can alter how MIB works but suspect that the MIB3 is locked down with SFD so you wouldn't be able to change the speaker configuration if one was more advantaged than the other. You have to try these things.

I suspect you haven't got the outboard amplifier but if you have that will be under the front seats under the carpet. There will be a bulge. You would have to read your spec to determine and inspect. In the UK they are in the province of Cupra varients. I can't say I read the spec that much since they change.

Erwin link to dig for technical manual if any have been produced yet is here:

https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/threads/seat-repair-manual-and-workshop-information.438077/

Maybe a useful thread here:

You need to track down the Mib3 details, looking under the carpet etc. The Erwin manuals if published will tell you how to take apart.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.