Speaker Upgrade

Nov 13, 2022
Hi,

Currently have a Leon Cupra 290 Black.

Want the speakers to be as high quality and as crisp/ loud as possible, contemplating adding a sub.

Any recommendations? Not sure current wattage and what would be sensible to upgrade to.

I do not have any sound upgrades like Seat Sound, its the standard 290 black edition speakers installed.

Thankyou in advance

CalJames

Modification Addict
Jun 25, 2019
North Wales
Sound deadening in the doors does wonders. Also get some 6" diameter foam for behind the speakers.
With that the standard system is fairly decent, I opted to fit a sub in my boot but unless you want crazy shake the windows bass, the stock system with the deadening will do you solid.

With the sub I can turn down the low end on the headunit and still have plenty of bass and the high end stays at a decent volume, I found that with a lot bass the high end sound seemed to drop off

Reactions: DigitalSushi

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
Hi,

Currently have a Leon Cupra 290 Black.

Want the speakers to be as high quality and as crisp/ loud as possible, contemplating adding a sub.

Any recommendations? Not sure current wattage and what would be sensible to upgrade to.

I do not have any sound upgrades like Seat Sound, its the standard 290 black edition speakers installed.

Thankyou in advance
Don't know how much you want to spend but for the price you can't go far wrong with Seat Sound retrofit.

DigitalSushi

Sep 7, 2020
Sound deadening in the doors does wonders. Also get some 6" diameter foam for behind the speakers.
With that the standard system is fairly decent, I opted to fit a sub in my boot but unless you want crazy shake the windows bass, the stock system with the deadening will do you solid.

With the sub I can turn down the low end on the headunit and still have plenty of bass and the high end stays at a decent volume, I found that with a lot bass the high end sound seemed to drop off
Absolutely this. made a huge difference to the sound quality when I did it.

and got rid of a big chunk of road noise as well which is a boon

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise