Sports mode(s) DSG

GTI-Pirelli

May 29, 2015
Allesley
Yes:

Sport mode through the HMI selects parameters in mutiple control modules such as the Air Con, Adaptive Cruise, Engine, Active Dampers etc. to change the way that the car is configured.

"S" through the gear shift on DSG just changes the shift point in the gearbox. The revs will be held higher and will shift higher up the rev range to give the car a little more response when you put your foot down.

chrishale

May 31, 2010
Manchester, UK
I'm not sure if anyone knows for certain (as there is nothing in the manual), there seems to be differing opinions on what each does.

I'd say the screen selection of sport/cupra in engine modes changes a few ecu settings like the throttle response and turns up the sound actuator (if it's still plugged in). While the gear lever just changes how long it holds on to the gears - making better use of the rev range for greater acceleration.

italianjob

Oct 21, 2014
Middlesbrough
Thanks for the answers.

I know you can toggle D/S from the gear lever, if the car is in Sport mode via the HMI does the gearing stay in sport mode regardless of toggling the gear lever?

I should just try it on the way home from work tonight!!!
I've only had the car since last night so getting to know the DSG setup and options.

GTI-Pirelli

May 29, 2015
Allesley
You can toggle between "S" & "D" in Comfort, Sport and Cupra modes through the shifter.

If you modify the "Individual" settings to set the engine (I think) to "ECO" the DSG can be toggled into "E" which shifts to neutral and coasts when off the throttle (only with cruise control off).

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
You can toggle between "S" & "D" in Comfort, Sport and Cupra modes through the shifter.

If you modify the "Individual" settings to set the engine (I think) to "ECO" the DSG can be toggled into "E" which shifts to neutral and coasts when off the throttle (only with cruise control off).

That's right, and then the gear lever lets you switch between Econmy mode and Sport.
My 'individual' setting on the Cupra is setup to replace the 'economy' setting so everything is turned down to 'beige mode'