SPOTTED : New Leon Prototype on the road

mik

irregular participant
Jun 26, 2001
Glasgow UK
Visit site
Bl00dy hell, I'm just back from a trip down to Halifax and I come on here to crow "NEW LEON SPOTTED ON THE ROAD" and here's this thread :rolleyes:

Spotted the same two car on the M6 southbound early Friday morning ~ both on trade plates and with the "S" badges obscured front & rear.

Wife was asleep and I was driving, so couldn't get a pic . Lucky your mate did :thumbup:

Not sure what was going on but just ahead of them were approx 20-25 04 plate Audis travelling in 80mph convoy ~ all different but on similar plates. Guessing it was VAG reps being shown the new car (?)

Anyway - new Leon looked "alright" to me, but they were clearly low-to-mid range models. With that in mind they didn't look great, but certainly better than a current low-to-mid range Leon. :yes:

Delighted to see that they didn't tower over me.

I slowed down and ran alongside one for a few seconds. Driver shot me a cheeky grin ~ he knew that I knew what I was looking at ;) So then I knew that he knew that I knew what I was looking at. Y'know?

:whistle:

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
Alpha rear, new Ford Focus front & arches with Fabia grill ....that's just the way I see it anyway, lost a lot of originality due to looking too much like other cars chopped together. :thumbd:

LEO LION R

if you need to ask . . .
Mar 25, 2002
on the edge
mik said:
I slowed down and ran alongside one for a few seconds. Driver shot me a cheeky grin ~ he knew that I knew what I was looking at ;) So then I knew that he knew that I knew what I was looking at. Y'know?

PMSL :roflmao: :thumbup:

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
mik said:

driver shot me a cheeky grin , then proceded to chuck bits of trim out of the window , as it had already fallen apart , So then I knew that he knew that I knew what I was looking at. Y'know? :roflmao:

amy777

Oct 21, 2002
Watford/Aylesbury
Visit site
I think I saw a couple too.....

On the A41 in Waddesdon (between Aylesbury and Bicester) at about 8am this morning. I might have imagined it though so I'm going to post this on Spotted and see if the guy in the Cupra 2 cars ahead of me also saw them!

I didn't get much of a look (I was going the other way) but they looked better than I imagined they would from the pics. Am still undecided though.....

awesomeade

Jul 3, 2003
www.awesome-gti.co.uk
Found the thread re my post in another forum lol.... this is a long story - so get ready lol

Firstly we've temporarily lost our email at awesome hence not finding the thread... and so forth with me being the IT manager a little stressed... so tonite i released the stress in the local and spoke to one of my local drinking partners who i knew was working for two weeks for Audi test driving new cars (he used to do this at bentley with it being local to us).... this is sounding like pub talk but believe me its true

Over the last two weeks he has driven 7 days daytime driving including stop offs overnite, then the last 7 days only driven night time but on round routes from Milton Keynes... The first week they drove from there up to Scotland and made their way back including going around the coast in wales.... 12 drivers... 12 cars ... including the following (all brand new cars):

2x New Leon 2.0 TDI
Audi S4
2x Audi TT (inc "lightweight version" ?) his words not mine
2x Audi A3 (2.0 FSI + TDI)
A6
A8

+ plus some A4's TDI's etc etc

He actually remembers while driving the Leon seeing someone pull alongside and take photos of them lol... also to try and "verify" my story.. the leons were for the first few days had their badges covered up until after the release of the car in spain... also they were on Spanish number plates which i can verify roughly with him what the plates were....

He loved the Leon and will be ordering one, his only complaint with it was the interior "heater control area" the screen was one red fuzz and difficult to read... perhaps we can verify this when they come out?

Annoyingly he lives perhaps 300 yards from my house and had the Leon parked up one night and never told me !

Feel free the person who spotted them ask here and i can verify roads he was on etc....

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Ade your right, that is annoying :D With any luck if they are in the country they might turn up in the Thruxton car park somewhere, like the Altea did last year at Oulton Park. ;)

leonlad

Mar 28, 2004
london
awesomeade said:
PS leon lad, i can take a picture of the guy who gave you the cheeky grin - aged roughly 50 - you can verify this :) bald, thin hair on side.... and you can confirm... :)

:roflmao:

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
Ade, the lightweight TT is basically a stripped out 1.8T with 240bhp, and different wheels, and a different coloured roof to the rest of the car, and has the 3.2 body kit on

Skute

Aug 21, 2004
Midlands, UK
For those of you wondering about the weird "fat ass" of the new leon, i think the photos are actually of the new SEAT Toledo. Check this photo:

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.