Spraying Interior + Questions

Mat

Right, ever since I've had the car I've considered spraying the roof lining black. However, I was concerned that spraying it would be crap, and would actually need "proper" roof lining. So I have a few questions

1) Should I spray it black, or
2) "re-cover" it with a black fabric

I was also thinking of spraying the pillers black, however, if I do do this, then things like the mirror and sun visors need to be black.

I believe a Mk4 Golf (IIRC) has a black mirror, but what about the sun visors? Is there a car with black sun visors that will fit?

If I spray the pillers, then I'm thinking Matt black. Has anyone "de-textured" their pillers, or should I leave them as they are?

What kind of paint should I use to paint the pillers? Would Plastikote be ok for example?

Opinions, pictures etc all welcome.

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

Mat

Nice on myki

Another option is just black roof lining, and leave the rest

I know Ian_Cupra's have started flaking which I don't want to happen. However, I have seen some good jobs.

Was thinking just black roof lining, and keep pillers cream/magnolia/dark white (standard colour). That should break it up a bit, and saves the expense of buying mirror and visors.

Drop me a PM for price of flocking mate. Also, if there's any examples, that would be good :D

Dan1.6

1.6 Power FTW!!!!!!!!
Sep 26, 2008
Chesterfield
Mat if you want a roof lining let me know before tomorrow morning and i'll give you my old one for a cheap price :)

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
Wait an let me flock it properly mat, my business will be up an running over the next couple of months

+1 my roof covered up ok but pillars are all marked and scratched to crap already

need to cover em all now - lol

Myki da Pyki

Jul 15, 2007
Bristol
www.facebook.com
Nice one fella's, didnt think id be taking orders already lol. Ive got a full set of pillars (apart from drivers A pillar) which il be able to flock and do on an exchange basis for standard ones when im up and running.

Price for roof lining to be flocked is likely to be around £55/60 depending on how the damn credit crunch situation is at the time.

Will keep you updated lads

ian_cupra

I know Ian_Cupra's have started flaking which I don't want to happen. However, I have seen some good jobs.

haha, they did, but they can flake all they want now as they aren't fitted anymore :p

clarkey-cool/s

Braindead
Mar 24, 2008
Theres some special interior spray called foliatec that i've heard good things about, although i've never used it.
Another nice addition i found was the interior light from mk4 polos fits and its smoked, looks much better i reckon.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members