Springs not Coilovers.

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Where can I get some good but reasonably cheap springs to improve the ride?Need some good value as I already have the great car but do not have lots of spare cash at the moment.
By the way well done to swiftcover.com with the way they dealt with our claim and the cheapness of the cover.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
yeah im interested in this too, going for springs just rather than springs and dampers or even coilovers. should look a lot better too. have you got aftermarket alloys al?im sticking with the original 17" fr ones till i get a bit more money, think it should stil look good though

Mar 2, 2008
Dont go to cheap, go for eibach, pro kit or sportline, i highly recommend sportline bought for 153 delivered from larkspeed, or from dpm performance i think same price. Eibach seem to be the ones people go for

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
The cost of buying the new springs will be the least costly part. You will require labour costs to fit them and get the suspension set-up re-aligned which can cost £100 - £150.

If you don't get the suspension re-aligned you could ruin your tyres.

beeko85

Apr 27, 2009
Bangor, N.I
150 for fitting? surely i can have a go at fitting the springs myself with a little help from a mate whos done his own coilovers before, as for the re-alignment, ill have to get that done at a garage, but how much would that be on its own?

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
I will go for the eibach pro or sportlines.Anyone fitted any of these?
Surely the suspension won't need re aligning after fitting will it? If so what will that entail and do you think my local indie can do it?

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
I will go for the eibach pro or sportlines.Anyone fitted any of these?
Surely the suspension won't need re aligning after fitting will it? If so what will that entail and do you think my local indie can do it?

4 wheel alignment will be needed, well it was done when mine was fitted.

bqd

need some chocolate
Apr 19, 2008
Belgrade, Serbia
i have fitted Sportlines to my Cupra and I'm more than happy with them... car is not harsher than original suspension but ride is much sportier... suspension alignment was done after fitment of springs

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Was it costly for the suspension alignment mate and did you fit the springs yourself? I can afford the springs but will not bother if the alignment is expensive.

Last edited:

bqd

need some chocolate
Apr 19, 2008
Belgrade, Serbia
well fitted at my dealer... converted to GBP it was around 35GBP for fitment and around 15GBP for alignment... but those are prices here in Serbia

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.