Squeaking Wiper Blades

Tam

Santa in disguise :)
Feb 10, 2005
Near Reevo :)
I guess there is something getting on your screen which is causing them to go squeeky ..

What windscreen wash are you using - try changing it / using just water.

What car cleaning products are you using (i.e. is there some sort of soap/wax all in one that is going on the screen?) - Garage car wash are the worst for that.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Clean your screen and blades with some alcohol or meths if it's just a case os squeeking, if it's more than squeeking check out post no2.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
I'm using autoglym shampoo and autoglym glass spray to clean with. I've done them with autoglym glass polish too but made no difference.
They are more than squeaking, they are sticking. I tried twisting as suggested in #2 but to no avail.

THanks

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
Ordered as posted above. Ordered Wednesday night, delivered Saturday morning. I can now see when it rains again...:)

honz12

Sep 15, 2009
Glasgow
Someone told me to rub my blades with a potato peeling! Haven't tried it yet so I'm afraid I can't confirm if it works or not.

richteddy

Are the bosch still holding up now you have had them a few months?
Cheers Rich

IanG

Aug 23, 2007
Yes the Bosch blades are still doing a good job which after all the snow and ice we've had is a miracle

richteddy

Ian are the bosch wipers the A099, seems hard to find the correct ones for a 56 leon fr.
Thanks Rich

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
The bosch ones are the A099S
I've had both those and the Valeo VM420 on my 58 FR, and tbh I've found the Valeos much easier to fit.

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise