Squeaky Brembos?

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
For as long as I can remember my Brembos have squeaked. Obviously its very irritating to say the least.

Now, I have changed my discs and pads on the front before which made no difference and the back discs and pads have also been changed. The Brembos still squeak.:ban:

I've had my brakes cleaned using the copper grease which did help briefly. No sooner had I got used to no squeaking it came back again:banned:

So, new pads, discs and brakes, cleaned up, and they still ***** squeak:cry:

Those of you that run Brembos, do you get this and if so, is there a cure? If there is what have you done to combat this?:help:

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
Just for the record, When I replaced the discs, it was due to them being shot as well as the pads. I didnt just buy new pads and discs for the sake of it;)

carlos200

Jan 6, 2007
i dont have brembo's as i dont have an R but my brakes did annoyingly squeek aswell.. my disks and pads were goosed so i changed those, when i changed them gave the calipers and carriers a good clean up with brake cleaner, can of the stuff on each corner, copper greased them up and re-assembled them with the new parts.. squeeking has now stopped :)

squeek free for about 4-5months so far.. touch wood!!

carlos200

Jan 6, 2007
i did give mine a thorough clean up.. wire brush, 2cans of brake cleaner, some blue roll copper grease and it was all good..

oh.. see if you ever want to clean up oily bits from your engine bay.. Brake cleaner works the bomb!! previous owner had spilled drips of oil all about ma engine that had caught bits of dirt into it etc.. cleans up pretty good!

Ricardo_Smooth

Powered by Apples!
Jun 26, 2007
sheffield
full service and strip down and seal kit should help your case to reduce the noise. Focus RS's suffer the same problems with brembo's almost impossible to get them to stop squeaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I've heard of anti squel plates, but not idea how they work or where you get them from.

Do they squeal on low down speed like just coming to a stop or when braking hard?

Dan Cupra R

The Yellow Sub
May 2, 2006
Reading
I've heard of anti squel plates, but not idea how they work or where you get them from.

Do they squeal on low down speed like just coming to a stop or when braking hard?

Only on low speed phil, at its worst when its stop start in traffic which is really annoying

pj1985

1.8T Power
Oct 31, 2006
Hampshire/Surrey
My brembos squeek v.badly aswell. Have done it since I got them and the discs and pads had v.minimal mileage on them. Is v.bad at low speed with gentle braking but I dont know about high speed, hard braking. Anti-squeal plates sound good.

I run ds2500 pads and brembo discs.

si-biza

squeak!

brake squeak fairly normal in modern pads, no asbestos! squeak is the small metal filings in pads making contact with brake discs! can reface pads but it will return! sorry!

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
i thought that was one of the 'things' about brembos... they always squeak. i just thought that was normal, as my dads old car had them on and they squeaked but once hot they where fine.

MTW

Squeaky Brakes

Hi Guys,

Just replaced my front discs and pads and rear pads on my 2002 cupra R. Running standard brembo discs up front with ds2500's and standard rear pads and discs.

before i changed them last week they didn't squeak one bit but now they do and only at low speed before stopping well annoying...but strangly they only do it ocassionally-lifes a beatch!:censored:

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
I have an 04 Cupra R and mine have never stopped squeaking. when i picked it up they put brand new discs and pads on all wheels, and since then, its been to the garage 3-4 times to try and stop it, and every time its in for a service and MOT I aske the dealer to clean them, and its never lasted more than a week.

My dealer has told me that it’s the Cupra R’s that are renowned for having squeaky brakes and there is very little that can be one about it..

I’m now considering getting new brake kits for the front just to stop it.

It’s extremely loud when I’m stopping, and when im moving forward at less than 20mph it squeaks.

And when I reverse, it sounds like my cars making a whale song.

I would love to find a resolution, as I know the brakes have plenty of life in them. But having put up with the noise for more than 2 years now its getting to the point where enough is enough.

daves ibiza

brembos . i think id rather keep with oem as they dont squeak lol but rather brembos for stomping stops lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members