Squeaky rattle solved

TwoZeroAlpha

Diesel Powered
Jan 2, 2010
Colchester
I though I'd share my solution to a problem I found (and due to it's nature may effect others).

I had an irritating squeaky/knock/rattle from the rear driver side passenger seat. Having looked at the locking hook (square horseshoe thing) some wear was apparent. Had a drive when someone was sitting in the seat and the rattle almost went, then drove with the seat collapsed down and it was gone.

Wrapped a couple of turns of black electrical tape around the worn area and it's all fixed. Nice solid car now with no irritating squeaks.

:D

TwoZeroAlpha

Diesel Powered
Jan 2, 2010
Colchester
I know, wasn't there on the test drive ( at least I'm fairly sure it wasn't) but now I know what it is I'm happy. Promised to take my girlfriend's dad out for a drive and was not looking forward to taking him out in a "new" car that sounded that rickety.

J0N

Defected!
I though I'd share my solution to a problem I found (and due to it's nature may effect others).

I had an irritating squeaky/knock/rattle from the rear driver side passenger seat. Having looked at the locking hook (square horseshoe thing) some wear was apparent. Had a drive when someone was sitting in the seat and the rattle almost went, then drove with the seat collapsed down and it was gone.

Wrapped a couple of turns of black electrical tape around the worn area and it's all fixed. Nice solid car now with no irritating squeaks.

:D

Yup, I had the same thing on the same side and used the same solution.

peteh

ive got this problem of the seat too- defo worth a try,
Ive also got one coming from the dashboard. I thought it was just because of the cold but even when interior is hot as hell it still creaks, it disappears if i press on the dash (just below the clocks housing behind indicator stalk). Im thinking of packing some foam dicreetly to try an solve it!!!!! watch this space............

JamJay

California Bound
Double side foam tape is your friend pete. My glovebox lid used to rattle like hell, I line it with some black foam tape and it's gone. Now i'm left with the rear seat which i'll try the method detailed in here on, the panel where the light switches are with foam and somehow try to stop the handbrake leaver button from rattling.