st10587 (girl friends) Seat Arosa 1.4 tdi s - Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar Fitted!!!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
good good. i drove one years ago i was only 6ft then and it seemed quite comfy.
so should be good not that it matters to much to me.
really like the colour of your emilys car.

thanks bud.

well Emily 5ft8 and im 6ft2 and i can sit behind her when she driving it so they are quite big inside. i guess the compromise was the lack of boot which does not really effect us.

HAYLEY_TDI

Jan 25, 2009
Kent
ur like our twins haha

we paid about a grand more then you but its only 42k.

yeah thats really good mileage! :) yeah its funny seeing mine and dans parked next to each other cuz they luk the same red and everything exept mine is tiny.
hope ur gf likes it

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
ok just a little update, we now have proper wing mirrors on the little arosa and we have been busy cleaning and fixing little bits and pieces.

o if any one wants a set of DTM wing mirror please PM me. they will fit all arosas and lupos

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
just a small update

P1000273.jpg

made a stealth shelf, just need the carpet now

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
this was my first attempt at a shelf but ive done custom boot build before. really pleased how this one come out think once the carpets on and its in the car it will be spot on

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
They are good if you stop the carpet sagging into the holes for the 6x9s! I have seen sooooo many **** jobs that look crap. Yours won't obviously....

im going to run a mesh grille under the carpet to stop this as i have also seen this. also depends how you glue the carpet down i have found when doing sub boxes:D

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
its on my to do list, considering this one cost me £20 for the carpet and some blagging off friends for wood and speaker it was well worth doing!:lol:

What wood did you use? MDF? I just want one for my sub and amp to go on. I have the 8 speaker standard system which is plenty good enough. Just want my sub and amp out the boot as it keeps falling over when i give it POWER! :D

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
What wood did you use? MDF? I just want one for my sub and amp to go on. I have the 8 speaker standard system which is plenty good enough. Just want my sub and amp out the boot as it keeps falling over when i give it POWER! :D

haha bolt it down then;) yep i used mdf (like i do with all my builds). depending on weight and size of sub and amp you prob want 12mm mdf to do it so it does not flex to much

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
haha bolt it down then;) yep i used mdf (like i do with all my builds). depending on weight and size of sub and amp you prob want 12mm mdf to do it so it does not flex to much

I dont like making holes in the car. People say screw it to the back seat but I like to do things neat. Dont think putting screws/bolts where they shouldnt be. So wanna make a stealth shelf. :D plus then i get boot space back. ;)

The sub I have is only a real thin/light 12inch. Should be quite easy :)

Hope yours goes alright! :D

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
I dont like making holes in the car. People say screw it to the back seat but I like to do things neat. Dont think putting screws/bolts where they shouldnt be. So wanna make a stealth shelf. :D plus then i get boot space back. ;)

The sub I have is only a real thin/light 12inch. Should be quite easy :)

Hope yours goes alright! :D

i know what you mean hence all mine have bee friction fit or i have used a strap which was held onto the back of the box with some metal plates and bolts, then the strap had two hooks which hooked on to the luggage loops in the car behind the box!

the hardest part will be cutting the right shape and then carpeting round the corners! then all you have to worry about is the carpet sagging in the middle of where the sub is. maybe make a mesh grille to go under the carpet to stop this?

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
the hardest part will be cutting the right shape and then carpeting round the corners! then all you have to worry about is the carpet sagging in the middle of where the sub is. maybe make a mesh grille to go under the carpet to stop this?

Or not cutting out the whole circle - just drill 1000's off holes instead. :lol:

Atm I'm using double sided velcro to hold the sub to the back seat fabric. It's worked well. But i've unstuck it a few times now and it's loosing it's grip. Worked a treat though!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.