st10587 (girl friends) Seat Arosa 1.4 tdi s - Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar Fitted!!!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
more piccys!! i have also move where the wires come out as they were where the shelf sits on the shelf supports.

P1010015.jpg

P1010016.jpg

P1010020.jpg

P1010019.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Last edited:

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
Or not cutting out the whole circle - just drill 1000's off holes instead. :lol:

Atm I'm using double sided velcro to hold the sub to the back seat fabric. It's worked well. But i've unstuck it a few times now and it's loosing it's grip. Worked a treat though!

:lol: could be there a while drilling holes!!

ive never been a fan of velcro as it has always let go! when there is a grand or so of subs and amps attached its not good:blink:

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
ok the little update I was board and had lots of carpet left from the shelf so i decided............. to carpet the back of the back seats!

first pop the cover off

P1010030.jpg

P1010031.jpg

Lots of spray glue

P1010032.jpg

Cut a piece of carpet and throw on

P1010033.jpg

trim down

P1010034.jpg

re assemble

P1010035.jpg

The finished pair!

P1010036.jpg

Thoughts??

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Only thing i'd do differently with the stealth shelf is to flush the grills into the OE shelf - then screw an MDF panel with the speakers on to the bottom of the shelf - screwed down from the top.

Once done, cover the top of the shelf with acoustic carpet and get a safety razor and trim the pile down - then you have a smooth shelf the same shape and contour of the OE one so that sneaky eyes looking in don't see anything out of the ordinary.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
put them in and lets see?

:lol: will be doing that tom night and ill get some piccys!

Only thing i'd do differently with the stealth shelf is to flush the grills into the OE shelf - then screw an MDF panel with the speakers on to the bottom of the shelf - screwed down from the top.

Once done, cover the top of the shelf with acoustic carpet and get a safety razor and trim the pile down - then you have a smooth shelf the same shape and contour of the OE one so that sneaky eyes looking in don't see anything out of the ordinary.

The problem there was as the standard shelf is its so small and has such a big dip in it the speakers would not actually fit!

Martin_DSG

Apr 26, 2009
Stevenage
reading this has just added another 'to do mod' to the list thanks!!!! lol
i have a 06 leon and the 'acoustic' shelf is about an inch 1/2 to 2 inches deep, do think i could use this or go down the MDF route.

also doing this will mean i am going to have to buy a new shelf for my *cough*saxo*cough* as this is where my speakers will be coming from.

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
reading this has just added another 'to do mod' to the list thanks!!!! lol
i have a 06 leon and the 'acoustic' shelf is about an inch 1/2 to 2 inches deep, do think i could use this or go down the MDF route.

also doing this will mean i am going to have to buy a new shelf for my *cough*saxo*cough* as this is where my speakers will be coming from.

all my ideas are mine!!!! no stealing them :lol:

st10587

Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
You still have the speakers under the shelf as well as the grills - or you need flat grills - they'd just sit a little lower than they currently do which i guess, given the size of the Arosas boot isn't a good thing

nope the arosa boot is tiny so i think its a good compromise and unless your a arosa freak i dont think you would notice!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.