Stage 2 Cupra ST

LSCupra

Mar 14, 2019
Hi Guys

Been lurking for a while but thought I would start a thread.

This is my 2nd Cupra after my 2019 hatch was stolen last October.

Current Spec

Unicorn stage 2 software
TVS stage 2+ TCU

Airtec gen 2 intercooler
MST intake
BAF 3.5” decat DP (GPF delete)
NGK R7438-8 plugs

Eibach Springs
ST 11mm spacers on rear
Powerflex dog bone mount

Maxton Front Splitter

Really in to maintaining my cars well, it has the oil done every 5k using millers and I’ve just had the Haldex serviced at 10k.

Currently undecided if I want to go further or look to go down the Rs3 route.
C2FF42D2-3A0A-4FC9-9345-B8C855FCFF8E.jpeg
B1F234EC-CE75-4CDF-AC65-CA0982A9745F.jpeg
BBD41F5C-567D-4DE1-B32E-E9A48C4EAFB4.jpeg
23EB3FE0-1E18-494F-907F-0361F68D9CF8.jpeg
B06BE8EC-ED91-465D-B2BE-C7A11FB85936.jpeg
C948B798-C6AF-45C0-A88F-9CE760B61515.jpeg

Last edited:

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Do like a nice estate! Maybe we should arrange an ST meet haha clearly the better car with obviously no bias!

Good looking specs you've got there, surely you'd want to hit the stage 3 500bhp mark? These are such great cars.

Reactions: Damo H

JackB

Jan 18, 2020
Nice car!

I have the same intake as you, the box on mine started to vibrate when I went stage 2, something to look out for on yours. Solved by putting some plastic edging tape on the top of the sides (to tigten the gap to the lid) and threadlocking the bolts down.

If I may ask, what made you go for the TVS DSG tune? I went for Unicorn's at the same time, wondering what the differences are (if you researched it)?

LSCupra

Mar 14, 2019
Do like a nice estate! Maybe we should arrange an ST meet haha clearly the better car with obviously no bias!

Good looking specs you've got there, surely you'd want to hit the stage 3 500bhp mark? These are such great cars.

Thanks, I would deffo be up for an ST meet location dependent.

I have though at about stage, there are some great results and equally a few horror stories!

Still really unsure, really like the car and how it drives but the rs3’s have so much potential and that sound

LSCupra

Mar 14, 2019
Nice car!

I have the same intake as you, the box on mine started to vibrate when I went stage 2, something to look out for on yours. Solved by putting some plastic edging tape on the top of the sides (to tigten the gap to the lid) and threadlocking the bolts down.

If I may ask, what made you go for the TVS DSG tune? I went for Unicorn's at the same time, wondering what the differences are (if you researched it)?

Thanks, no issues so far. I’m still not decided on the intake as my intake temps seemed to increase a little after fitting.

the car has been in various guises, it had a JB4 fitted with all the current bolt-ons so at the time I wasn’t sure which tuner I would be going with. I was looking at MRC but heard the TCU just upped the clamping pressure so ended up doing the TCU first.

Really happy with it and know a few guys running it at stage 3 with great results, once I ditch the crappy Conti’s I recon the car should do a 3.5 0-60 which for an ST with a pan roof is good going.

Equally I know the Unicorn TCU is meant to be good but I haven’t experienced it myself. One benefit of TVS is it drives so much better in Eco mode and the gear changes are super quick

LSCupra

Mar 14, 2019
Yours is quicker though :) and thanks.

Hoping Stage 2 by the end of the year. Intercooler (do88) is bought, getting that fitted first.

I‘ve fitted intercoolers on both mine now and it’s a great mod, they seem to suffer with intake temps on the stock cooler

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members