Standard ride height suspension?

vee5

My 2002 v5 170 has 103k on it and the suspension is, to say the least, no longer at its best. I need to retain the standard ride height due to a combination of towing, unmade tracks and speed humps. The car only gets used on the road so my question is can anyone recommend replacement road shocks that retain the stadard ride height?
Thanks!

UTA_flyinghigh

I have Koni STR.T's on my MkIV (albeit with -40 lowering springs) and they ride better than stock. These can be bought without the related springs which is what I did as I wanted to pair them with EIbach springs.

UTA

hugh_

Aug 25, 2007
Kent
Koni FSDs would be worth considering as they are specifically designed for standard ride height springs; I dont know if the STR.Ts that UTA mentioned are.

I've just put Eibach Pro Springs (and dampers) on mine, theoretically it's a 25mm drop but it's hardly noticeable compared to shagged old suspension, mine was at 103k when I changed too.

Colin C

Apr 1, 2003
Southampton
Visit site
Make sure you replace the springs as 1 the front springs broke on mine and the other side was cracked, 2001 V5 170 with 90k on the clock. I replaced all mine with an Eibach sportline kit which is lowered so no good for you. Try German and Swedish they should be able to supply OE spec springs, shocks and top mounts.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise