start/stop removal

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
Neither method worked on one of my other vag wagons but the £15 module from China did. Remembers last state so if you leave it active, stop start works as it should after a restart. Leave it off & it stays off forever

Jun 8, 2023
Girona, Catalonia
Afraid not those are the two ways and VW Stopped the ability to change it on Later Cars.

I can recommend the memory module they are not expensive and it remembers what you had it set to last time so always off but if and when you want it you can just touch the stop start button and it reverts.

@Tell, fairly sure that you can disable the stop start on the MK4 but you have to attach a bit of kit to the BCM to trick the car into turning it off, not sure if VAG have turned that ability off but certainly the early cars people were fitting it and it worked.
You have a link to the module I think is the best option to do it.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
this is an example I got mine about 6 years ago so they dont make that one anymore.

Just do a search on ebay, amazon, temu, aliexpress etc for stop start memory module.

Jun 8, 2023
Girona, Catalonia
Just a thought but did you have the bonnet up when trying to do the coding ?

Some of the later cars need the bonnet up to allow coding.
Hi,

I'll try with bonnet up because the connector doesn't arrive and cancel the order.

I'll give a feedback if i can do it.

Any more links to buy the dongle ?

Kryton

Feb 28, 2023
When did you buy? A lot of companies close down start of February for Chinese new year. I am waiting for something to be dispatched which was advertised as 7 day delivery from end of jan so may still arrive

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members