start/stop removal

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Yeah as above. Turn the battery voltage for the start stop up to max. That way it will never reach the threshold and will never engage.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Two coding methods that i got from Spanish OBD11 Forum

Deactivate Start / Stop System by voltage limit.
* Applicable up to MY18 *

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBAR8-3D4Es
With this modification we will permanently deactivate the Start / Stop and we will no longer have to do it every time we start from the button.

1 - Module 19 - Diagnostic interface for data bus - Code (20103)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Start / Stop initial voltage limit - (Change value to 12V - By default 7.6V)
In 2019 models it seems that it does not work as we have been able to collect in the forum.

Deactivate Start / Stop System by temperature limit.

With this modification we will permanently deactivate the Start / Stop and we will no longer have to do it every time we start from the button.

2 - Adaptation
3 - EM start stop requirement ambient temperature - (Change value to 50º - By default -50º)
In 2019 models it seems that it does not work according to we were able to collect in the forum

Or you can buy a stop start memory module, easy to fit and then you can have it remember what you last did or change it back to how factory was. Th

Reactions: TheSwede

Tell

Staff member
I use the voltage method on both the Ateca and Arona. ODBEleven Pro. Note down what the current value is, put to 12 volts. So the dealer doesn't tell me SS isn't working I reset back to the noted voltage before service. For OBDEleven see the Ateca Obdeleven thread or resource. Basically, the voltage method is the one. It fools the car to think it needs to keep the engine running to achieve 12 volt charge.

Reactions: Mo_86

TheSwede

Oct 20, 2018
Sweden
I have practised the volt method on several VW/SEAT/SKODA cars 2013 -2020.

As “tracktoy" writes, doesn’t have any impact on later cars. The newest one I did it with success was my sons MK3 Leon Cupra ST 2019 (a car with GPF /gasoline particular/- filter) manufactured October 2018.

I didn’t work with the volt method on a 2020 VW Sportsvan manufactured January 2020, same thing with a Passat 2020.

I have never bothered to reset/change the setting before a service at a VAG dealer during the time there was warranty. No one have noticed anything about that.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
Depends whether the dealer is looking for work so to save that conversation I set it back before service. A useful scan before and after service so tie that in.

With the MQB Evo platform they stopped users from tinkering with SS. Leon4 and Formentor are knocked on the head. Will be the re-designed control unit in those platforms.

So you can run your finger down the list. You should find your Sportsvan in the right list. The Passat is.

With EV we wont need to bother 👏.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2023
Girona, Catalonia
Two coding methods that i got from Spanish OBD11 Forum

Deactivate Start / Stop System by voltage limit.

2 - Adaptation
3 - Start / Stop initial voltage limit - (Change value to 12V - By default 7.6V)
In 2019 models it seems that it does not work as we have been able to collect in the forum.

Deactivate Start / Stop System by temperature limit.

2 - Adaptation
3 - EM start stop requirement ambient temperature - (Change value to 50º - By default -50º)
In 2019 models it seems that it does not work according to we were able to collect in the forum

Or you can buy a stop start memory module, easy to fit and then you can have it remember what you last did or change it back to how factory was. Th
The first one I'll try but doesn't work the Start and Stop runs like always.

The second one i can't do it becaus it's unavailable.

Its a Leon Cupra R St from 2019

Any more?

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023

Any more?
Afraid not those are the two ways and VW Stopped the ability to change it on Later Cars.

I can recommend the memory module they are not expensive and it remembers what you had it set to last time so always off but if and when you want it you can just touch the stop start button and it reverts.

@Tell, fairly sure that you can disable the stop start on the MK4 but you have to attach a bit of kit to the BCM to trick the car into turning it off, not sure if VAG have turned that ability off but certainly the early cars people were fitting it and it worked.

Reactions: Lits33

Tell

Staff member

Any more?
Question is then whether the Leon Cupra R St is MQB Evo based. I pass on these fancy Cupras 🤣. May be they piloted what they were going to do with the MQB EVO. 2019 puts it at the start of that platform when it was shut down. You might have the control unit but not the lot 🙄.

Tell

Staff member
Afraid not those are the two ways and VW Stopped the ability to change it on Later Cars.

I can recommend the memory module they are not expensive and it remembers what you had it set to last time so always off but if and when you want it you can just touch the stop start button and it reverts.

@Tell, fairly sure that you can disable the stop start on the MK4 but you have to attach a bit of kit to the BCM to trick the car into turning it off, not sure if VAG have turned that ability off but certainly the early cars people were fitting it and it worked.
Ah that extra kit not coding.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Question is then whether the Leon Cupra R St is MQB Evo based. I pass on these fancy Cupras 🤣. May be they piloted what they were going to do with the MQB EVO. 2019 puts it at the start of that platform when it was shut down. You might have the control unit but not the lot 🙄.
Dont know the answer but I think this was just VAG Closing down the loophole for emission testing or some such reason.

Tell

Staff member
What a shame. :rolleyes:
We could call up the genie @Chillout as to what progress has been made with mib3 on FeC and Swap codes. Given mib4 is out this year if it's all change again anything learnt will / may be binned.

I was suitably peeved to find that the radio logos are locked down. Was going to ask @Chillout how that was achieved with that signature being used. It appears to me they look at what is going in after it's there and reject it if it doesn't balance with the signature. Unlike SLA1 I didn't recognise it. I recognised the bank signature but not the method in those files. New method to me.

I unpinned it since it was not totally useful for Leon 4 owners given it didn't cover Seat. Its a shambles. No Seat mib3 parts in it and no way of editting them in.

Reactions: serdar_18fr
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.