Stereo wiring

Altea_Pike

Ok guys you may know me as a bad sparky already but I am in need of your help again, i have now managed to get my pioneer stereo fitted and working but need to know what colour cable I am looking for to snatch the switch 12v supply from, ( pref nearest to the head unit) I have joined 12 constant and switch together at the moment to test this means the stereo wont turn off without me doing it .....

help..... oh and while your at it, need some links to new speakers, bass and mid range is essential listen to alot of club and RnB, not really an ICE king but would like to crank it up sometimes and not pop the speakers.

thanks for your help.

Steve

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
Easiest way is to pick up a cheap test/multi meter from somewhere like B&Q, and then turn the ignition on. With the meter set for 12v DC test a few cables (heavier gauge ones would be better I presume) until you find a live. Then check by turning the ignition off etc. that it does what you need.

AUTO EMOTION

HI ALTEA PIKE
How did you find switch live in the altea rado wiring as far as i known ther is no terminal "S" any more the head unit is informed about terminal"S" by infotaitment can-bus

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise